2014 Four Roses LE Single Barrel

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw someone in Vevay, Indiana say they picked some up. That near you?

Just curious where you are located. Want to see where they are showing up. I don't think I will try to track one down. I am waiting to pick up a store select of the same recipe for about $30 cheaper.
Edited by HD 335

They have been in SWS warehouses in KY since last week. Have no idea why they haven't been released to stores.

Awesome, thanks! So, the distribution is wide. Not saying I will pass if I see one but I am not going to drive around seeking one out. I would be interested in your tasting notes. I regret not picking up the 2013 LE SB when I saw it on the shelf last year. A SBS with OESF sounds interesting.

It Texas terms it would be in my backyard. It is about 120 miles away on the Ohio River. I wonder if it is the same distributer as central Indiana?

Well take it from a native "River Rat", it is easy to get to Ky from VeeVee so they may have gotten it across the river rather than an IN retailer via an IN distributor.

Im guessing our single barrel of OESF from last year is quite similar to this.

As with all the limiteds, I bet this one is great too.

This was in Berkeley, California. I already have a store select OESF 10 year 7 month as well so I'm curious if I can detect any differences. This store also received their shipment of Private Selection as well. They're supposed to get 2 different barrels but only one arrived.

Mind me asking what store in Berkeley you found the 2014 Four Roses LE Single Barrel?

I normally go to Ledger's but they have not received their allotment yet.

Thanks.

The couple of reports I've heard from the wild have this years LE at $100. That's a pretty big and easy pass for me, even as big a 4R fan as I am.

The couple of reports I've heard from the wild have this years LE at $100. That's a pretty big and easy pass for me, even as big a 4R fan as I am.

Holy sh!t - if that's the case, I'm with you. Hard to pay that when you can get barrel proof FRSB for $60 or less (and I've yet to have a "bad one", despite the single barrel nature). I can't blame them though - with all of the recent awards, I'm sure they'll sell out - and we'll see it for twice that on sites not-to-be-named :)

Holy sh!t - if that's the case, I'm with you. Hard to pay that when you can get barrel proof FRSB for $60 or less (and I've yet to have a "bad one", despite the single barrel nature). I can't blame them though - with all of the recent awards, I'm sure they'll sell out - and we'll see it for twice that on sites not-to-be-named :)

But but but but it's a LIMITED EDITION!

Crikey. If it's over $90, I'm out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Considering it is F yeast, were you ever in ;).

That's not MSRP is it? ...just typical overpricing at the retail level I would think...

If it's MSRP then I'm out too.

That's how much I paid for mine however the place where I bought it from does add a small mark up into their allocated release bottles. I think this should be around $85 - $90, maybe less. However I wouldn't be surprised if MSRP is higher than last year.

Mind me asking what store in Berkeley you found the 2014 Four Roses LE Single Barrel?

I normally go to Ledger's but they have not received their allotment yet.

Thanks.

Sent you mail.

Considering it is F yeast, were you ever in ;).

Ha! The F is not my favorite but I have faith in Jim. If he thinks it's good enough for an ltd ed., I'll give it a whirl.

Edited by Josh

I called the GS at Lburg this morning. They are getting some in Monday or Tuesday of this week, and they told me all have been spoken for after names were put on a "wait list". I asked about price, they said $100. I have also seen a review written for a cigar magazine that also listed retail at $99. The review said that proof will vary from 108-124, I think. Due to the single barrel nature of this LE.

The Michigan state minimum for this is listed as $84, BTW.

Was able to snag a bottle in MI today. Seems like most stores haven't received any yet though (or at least that is what they told me). Not sure how this store was ahead of the curve but I got lucky!

Was able to snag a bottle in MI today. Seems like most stores haven't received any yet though (or at least that is what they told me). Not sure how this store was ahead of the curve but I got lucky!

Considering I gave my local store almost a thousand dollars of business last week (I procured all the liquid entertainment for a rather large party), I hope there is one waiting for me soon!!!

Guess I will have to check my local MI stores, see if there is any chance. Seems pretty tough for LE FR in Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

For 100 clams I will pass on this as well. I'll make it up with future PS/GS "F" bottles. Love the f recipes and I will love em even more when I get almost 2 for the $$ of that 1.

Considering I gave my local store almost a thousand dollars of business last week (I procured all the liquid entertainment for a rather large party), I hope there is one waiting for me soon!!!

Good way to get one.

The Michigan state minimum for this is listed as $84, BTW.

What was it last year or the year before? I know that the SB and SmB LE's were retailing in the upper $70's to the low $80's here for the last few years depending on where you shop.

I called the GS at Lburg this morning. They are getting some in Monday or Tuesday of this week, and they told me all have been spoken for after names were put on a "wait list". I asked about price, they said $100.

The Gift Shop prices are always higher than retail. Did you ask what the suggested retail price was?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!