What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sierra Nevada "Summerfest" and it's close to terrible. Not sure what was going through my mind when I bought a 12-pack of this stuff. :rolleyes:

Stopped by my favorite bar and had a Brewfist Heimdall and a Lagunitas Maxiumus from a cask. Now that was a good beer! Took a bottle of Boulevard's Love Child #4 home for the weekend.

Of late, West 6th IPA and Molson Canadian seem to be spending more time in my hand than not.

If you are in or near Wisconsin, do yourself a favor and pick this up. Scream IIPA from New Glarus. If you've had Moon Man, this is that on steroids.

dyja8u4a.jpg

Just sitting out back as the storms roll through, sipping on some in heat wheat. Most of the time, it's the simple things....

Opened a new release at the store today.

A collab between De Molen and Anchorage called Mud & Funk. Basically a sour Belgian stout aged in wine and bourbon barrels.

Damn good. Nose is all wine, plums, raisins and port. Much thinner than a traditional stout, more like a Belgian strong ale. Just enough funk and sour with minimal bourbon influence.

Way to easy to drink for 11% abv.

Opened a new release at the store today.

A collab between De Molen and Anchorage called Mud & Funk. Basically a sour Belgian stout aged in wine and bourbon barrels.

Damn good. Nose is all wine, plums, raisins and port. Much thinner than a traditional stout, more like a Belgian strong ale. Just enough funk and sour with minimal bourbon influence.

Way to easy to drink for 11% abv.

paging My Old KY Dram to the white courtesy phone!

paging My Old KY Dram to the white courtesy phone!

This one was a special order from Shelton Brothers. Not sure how widespread it's distribution will be in KY.

This one was a special order from Shelton Brothers. Not sure how widespread it's distribution will be in KY.

Exactly. Sounds like it's right in Sean's wheelhouse. He may need to make a quick trip down the Blue Grass Parkway.

Edited by Old Dusty

A GLBC Chillwave tonight. Hard to get tired of this bottling.

Today, Costco had a stack of New Belgium (Ft. Collins, CO) 24-can (yeah CAN) cases called The Folly Pack. Six cans each of Fat Tire, Ranger, Shift, and Snapshot. I've had the first three so figured the fourth would be good, too.

YUP.

I also like the fact that they are around 5% ABV so I can drink them on hot days while working outside without falling over.

Summer is here. Hoegaarden. Smooth.

Edited by TheEgg
Auto spell fun.

A 2013 Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad I had aging and finished it off with a Westbrook Mexican Cake.

Really love that Boulevard BBQ. Still have yet to try that Cake. *shakesfist

Spent yesterday visiting some breweries in Cincinnati: Rivertown, Rhingeist, and Madtree. Rivertown had by far the best beer. Rhingeist has the most amazing space. Madtree came in 2nd in both categories. Had a quick bite to eat at The Eagle. It's a great little pub w a very nice tap list. Then went to Jungle Jim's to stock up on beer we can't get here. Hooray Sculpin! All in all a great day.

+1 on Jungle Jim's. That and TPS are definite destination stops in the greater Cincy area. (Along with Camp Washington chili)

A Horny Goat Brewing "Hopped Up 'n Horny" IPA. Very drinkable IPA. Goats can be very lovable...:lol:

A Horny Goat Brewing "Hopped Up 'n Horny" IPA. Very drinkable IPA. Goats can be very lovable...:lol:

Figures... ??????

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!