What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Chillwave Ale. From GLBC, a very good IPA.

A nice refreshing way to start the spring.

Fitting for spring, Evil Twin Even More Jesus. It's a fine ass Imp Stout.

I'm thoroughly enjoying a Short's Freedom of '78. It's an IPA made with guava nectar and it is distributed only in Michigan. Very solid. The nose is excellent.

I have to pace myself tonight. I got a ticket to purchase 8 bottles of KBS at Founder's tomorrow. I will be sure to have at least one on tap and I'm hoping they still have Panther Cub available. Panther Cub has been on their taplist for a few days now. Tomorrow should be a fun day.

I got a mixed 12 pack assortment from Fat Tire. It came with Mighty Arrow Pale Ale. At 6% and plenty of hops, I would call it more like an IPA. The hop character is more flowers and perfume rather than bitter. It also has a nice thick mouth-feel. That I wouldn't have guessed, for the color is about the same as an average lager. Good stuff.

Had a few AtG offerings last night. Couple of Citra Ass Downs, Bloody Show, and Saladbarity. All really solid but damned if that Bloody Show isn't just fantastic. Pilsner brewed w blood oranges? Who knew that was my missing pilsner ingredient? Could drink that one all the time.

Out at dinner with some friends last night and had a Doghouse Double IPA. Not bad but quite a bit milder than expected for a double IPA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just finished scalping the Bermuda grass in the front yard, and Zoysia in the back. Anyone who has done this knows how sucky a job it is, and how good an ice cold beer tastes afterwards. This SweetWater Whiplash White IPA is just about perfect, but I can't really be sure, as it took about 7.2 seconds to guzzle it. Now to get all this grass, dirt and pollen crap out of my nose...

Sounds like you earned that one, Joe! I'll pop an IPA to drink with you. Devil's Backbone from VA.

Gumballhead is a great spring day beer! Grabbed some today myself, along with a pack of Chillwave.

Funny. Chillwave was next up to bat. And then an OB Deviant. Next, huddled around an outdoor fire w something...Blakkr?

Popped a GI BCBBW with brunch. It does not pair well with eggs, bacon and toast, but it got better as it warmed, bringing out ginormous caramel-y barrel notes as the alcohol subsided. Then I had some HA Shewolf, which was quite a bit better when fresh. Then I saw that my local beer bar tapped a Parabola, so I conveniently 'filled up the tank' on a drive over and put one back in 15 minutes. Wish I had 3 times more time than that, but I work with what I have. Parabola is the noblest BBA IS of them all, with a subdued nose, a subtle palate and a finish that digs really, really deep.

Parabola is Richard III and BCBS is King Lear.

Very nice.

Nothing as fancy as all that. Just burning off some fallen winter limbs and having a DCT in the process.

uma7ysy3.jpg

Had some friends over and went through a few items tonight Dirt Wolf,Chillwave,Alpha King and some Ten Fidy for the big finish.

Couple of Country Boy Cougar Baits and a Ky Ale. Cougar Bait hands down. Little citrus notes, smooth and easy drinker.

Victory DirtWolf DIPA.

Geez Joe, weren't you a non-IPA guy and now you are on to the Doubles! Slippery slope man, slippery slope:grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!