What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a 12-pak of Founders Centennial in cans the other day.

Good price at 16 bucks vs 10.50 for 6-pak bottles.

Taste great, less cost. (apologies to the old Miller Lite slogan)

Local option Bourbon barrel aged Kentucky common.

Had a couple at holy Grale earlier. De proef sour barrel #1 and Alvinne Bolleville Calvados barrel aged. Both were yummy.

Enjoying some FFF Blackheart tonight. An old favorite that I only have once or twice a year.

Copious amounts of Fou' Foune on draft hooray!

Jealous of you and the gang that are there! Hope you guys had a blast!

I had some Zombie Dust tonight while I caught up on Game of Thrones. Not sure which was better, the show or the beer. :)

Was on tap at the Beer Trappe, Eric.

the ogden, light crisp and refreshing. smells like a safety meeting, nice and easy. the gubna, simply delicious.

Having some NG Berliner Weiss. A perfect beer as the thermometer starts to climb. Cheers!

huzanada.jpg

Did a SBS of Prairie Bomb and Prairie/Evil Twin Bible Belt with my wife. Whoa, two seriously good beers! The evening cooled down enough to enjoy them outside as a reward for sweated in the evening heat. Slight edge to the Bomb, at least tonight, but both outstanding examples of imperial stouts.

Had a small beer tasting over the weekend with a few friends that I keep forgetting to post about. Although small we had a few good ones!

post-8493-14489820940647_thumb.jpg

A fairly dense dark lineup for spring time but i can drink a good malty stout most anytime of the year!

Uinta Birthday Suit Sour 20th from 2013 - decent but tried at the end of the night which may have kept it from being able to show its full potential.

Cigar City Hanapu's Stout - one from 2012 and one from 2014. The age on the 2012 made it a little richer and pleasant to me.

3 Tavern's Quasimodo Quad style and Theophan the Recluse Russian Stout - A local brewery. The Theophan was good, the Quad seemed to be rather thin and lacking.

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Jack & Kens Black Barleywine from 2010 - Really nice dense malty beer with little of the Sierra Nevada hops profile. Not sure if it was the age but this was very nice!

The Bruery Sucre - Their 6th Anniversary bottle and while it was not Bois (what is?) this was again a superb effort. Beautiful dense raisony port like sweetness with little or no sense of the 16% ABV and some nice woody syrupy goodness to finish.

Pairie Bomb - Very nice chocolate-y stout that again handled its 14% ABV well but suffered a bit in comparison to the Sucre.

Bourbon County Brand Stout - A bit similar but perhaps the most oily, syrupy of the bunch. In a good way of course! Still, to me the Sucre was still just the better drink.

Founders Backwoods Bastard - While similar the Bastard seems to have a pleasant edge that cuts through the wood and oily texture. Still a great one.

The last bottle (which we tried first) was a homemade blueberry mead. A bit sweet but a good bit of blueberry. Not very thick which I kind of expect with a mead. More like a watery blueberry vodka. Perfect for the ladies...

Edited by tanstaafl2

How did Kentucky end up being the US home of Cantillon? I think I have heard of more from there than anywhere in the US!

Dark Horse Safety Meeting tonight and a few local brews before switching to bourbon. Happy Friday!

Dark Horse Safety Meeting tonight and a few local brews before switching to bourbon.
I'm a huge fan myself and currently drinking the same.

Having some Williams Bros Fraoch 22. Really nice and complex; nice influence from the barrel.

Hop Nosh (used to be Hop Notch, wtf?) from a can on the train on the way to "Epic Night." Growlers of Tighthead's Irie IPA and Springtime in the Galaxy Belgian IPA in tow. SitG is the best Belgian IPA I've had in awhile, driest finish I've ever had. Very impressed with this beer brewed 15 minutes from my house.

Edited by AaronWF
semantics

A bit of a hoppy evening - Stone Double Bastard and a Founder's Devil Dancer to chase it. The Devil Dancer is some tasty, tasty stuff.

Meantime Imperial Pilsner - liked their London Porter, but this is much better.

Terrapin/Green Flash Collaboration Tangerine Dreamsicle followed by Westbrook Mexican Cake!

Terrapin/Green Flash Collaboration Tangerine Dreamsicle followed by Westbrook Mexican Cake!

Just bought the same two the other day. What did you think of them? Have had the Cake before but could differ from year to year I suppose.

Nothing crafty, but enjoying a "chelada" with ice cold Tecate/lime juice/salt/ Frank's Red Hot. Just the ticket after yard duty.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!