What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Giving CCB's Jai Alai IPA a whirl. Definitely a good beer and reminds me somewhat of a GLBC Chillwave in that there is a lot of maltiness with an explosion of hops and a slight bitterness. The Jai Alai doesn't have as many citrus notes either, but overall very solid.

2ydupe9e.jpg

Rabbid Rabbit, Country Western v II, and a Bible Belt.

Bigfoot Barrel Aged Barleywine and a Green Monster which was a true stunner!

Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster. Love this one each year. The rougher older cousin of chillwave.

Founders delivers yet again. Enjoying some Curmudgeon tonight with some BBQ for dinner.

e4uza8ep.jpg

Founders delivers yet again. Enjoying some Curmudgeon tonight with some BBQ for dinner.

e4uza8ep.jpg

If you are otherwise occupied, I will take what's behind the beer:cool:

If you are otherwise occupied, I will take what's behind the beer:cool:

Eric, you are welcome to my bunker anytime you are in Milwaukee! :)

Opened up a Bruery Tart of Darkness from last year. Tartness definitely delivered on this one.

Eric, you are welcome to my bunker anytime you are in Milwaukee! :)

Ditto to for any Indy trips you make.

Having a Prairie Bomb! Tonight...better than Bible Belt in my opinion. Need to go grab another tomorrow!

Yeah I like the Bomb! Ever so slightly better, but the BB ain't no slouch. And for awhile it was available like crazy here. Still may be some available. And it looks like we MAY have finally rcvd another shipment of Bomb! so yay. :)

DH Smells like a Safety Meeting it is a big old dank hoppy bomber and I'm really digging this one.

I really liked Bible Belt, and I finally stumbled across a Bomb! today. I might try to do a sbs tonight. The Wine Barrel Noir might be my favorite so far. Its a little funky, but its right on the mark for me.

This afternoon I'm sticking with Saint Arnold Santos. It is my favorite from the standard lineup of any of the Houston area breweries.

The Chocolate Manifesto Triple Chocolate Milk Stout from our good friends at Flying Monkeys to the north of us in Barrie Ontario.

10% ABV in a 25oz bottle.

We got this in at the warehouse yesterday and we split up a case.

Kinda pricey, $9.94 per bottle plus deposit wholesale, I would assume a retailer will have to sell it for at least 14 bucks, some will go higher.

As you can see it looks great, after drinking it down a bit and pouring more in the new pour head is darker and you get a two-tone head.

First impression was positive.

Nestles Crunch aroma, chocolate cake taste on entry then Hershey's Kisses mid palate and a malted milk ball finish.

But all that ends fast.

The malted milk ball soon takes over everything and it is just to much for me and it's all malted milk.

I like malted milk balls but this is over-kill, at least for me it is.

They use 3 different kinds of chocolate, Cacao Nibs, cacao powder and chocolate malt.

I'd drop the malt and add a touch of coffee or just drop the malt.

I think Founders Breakfast Stout had to much coffee so maybe a beer vatting with Manifesto?

BeerAdvocate.com gives it an 89 and RateBeer.com gives it a 98.

rsz_beer_002_zps29f68bc2.jpg

It's a Dark Horse day for me.

ygahy3yd.jpg

pe4e6ybu.jpg

How does the Safety Meeting compare to the dbl crooked tree? I'm a big fan of the latter; haven't been able to grab any of the former.

120 Minute IPA DFH,Smells like a Safety Meeting and now a Stone Collective Distortion IPA

How does the Safety Meeting compare to the dbl crooked tree? I'm a big fan of the latter; haven't been able to grab any of the former.

The DCT is probably the better of the two, but also quite a bit more expensive. Safety and Meeting is very drinkable at 9.8% and I'd say preference on the two is mood dependant. Hard to go wrong with either.

Spent the second to last day of my vacation reminiscing about deployments with an old teammate and then spent 5 hours cleaning, steaming, and vacuuming just about every damn inch of my house. FINALLY done with a bunch of home upgrades, and have the house mostly back in order. Hey, it's only been 6 months since the house was completely clean.

Needless to say, I'm kicking back with a nice beer to end the evening. That beer is my second to last bunkered 2013 Pumking, which is just outstanding. Don't care that it's almost 3 in the morning. I deserve that beer. Heck, I'll probably have a bourbon after I finish that.

The DCT is probably the better of the two, but also quite a bit more expensive. Safety and Meeting is very drinkable at 9.8% and I'd say preference on the two is mood dependant. Hard to go wrong with either.

Pretty much this. That Safety Meeting is damned near sessionable even at 9.8%.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!