What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think these stores just want to cash in on the surge in demand.

Pappy needs to be requested from a store then be allocated to get it.

Right but at least in my home state, the only stores who got a whiff of it were ones who otherwise moved a LOT of sazerac product, bourbon and others.

Every store owner I know requested/ordered it, but the vast majority got zilch.

So my point was that if these otherwise low volume stores did indeed get some ORVW10, it may be that the reports of increased supply of the 10 year were true.

(or as Bonvivant said, they bought it on the black market themselves and are trying to make a profit and/or up their prestige factor by having it on the shelf).

Passed up the new batch of Stagg Jr and Forgiven. I have 2 bottles left of the 1st released Jr and want to see an improvement before I buy any more.

I haven't seen a lot if any feedback on the new Stagg Jr release has anyone popped this open?

Passed up the new batch of Stagg Jr and Forgiven. I have 2 bottles left of the 1st released Jr and want to see an improvement before I buy any more.

I haven't seen a lot if any feedback on the new Stagg Jr release has anyone popped this open?

I love it, but I've never had GTS. It's a tad thin for a barrel proofer, but I absolutely adore the spicy, cinnamon candy finish. I live close by and I'll be hopping the border this weekend for 1 or 2 more to add to the bunker. Thanks for the heads-up!

ETA: Just saw you were asking for feedback on the new release. I'll let you know after this weekend :cool:

What's the proof on the new release Stagg Jr? I haven't seen this one out yet.

The New Hampshire State Liquor site lists it at 134.4.

The New Hampshire State Liquor site lists it at 134.4.

I think that's still the first batch... I think either BT is releasing it in waves, or stores are holding some back, or both. Every 'release' so far has been 134.4 I think...

I think that's still the first batch... I think either BT is releasing it in waves, or stores are holding some back, or both. Every 'release' so far has been 134.4 I think...

I knew that proof sounded familiar :grin:. It could be that it's being released in waves, or that the NH State Liquor Commission just didn't know to update the proof on the site. I'm not even sure the state ran out of Stagg Jr before this latest batch came in. It was hanging around for quite a while from what I remember.

EH Taylor Barrel Strength for $89.

That's a little on the high side. I've seen it here for $70 and $76

All of them. Had to go to Kennesaw this morning so while I had a minute stopped Total Wine. First time in there. What a disappointment. My Indians have a better selection and the prices weren't better either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right! Total Wine in Kennesaw isn't worth the trip. I'd much rather visit the local stores.

That's a little on the high side. I've seen it here for $70 and $76

I thought it was higher than normal. This grocery store has been going wild bringing in more bourbons than before, so I may buy one just to encourage them.

Tempted for a short moment only. I think others would want it more than me. Bought what I wanted before already to try.

2x Booker's 25th $124.99

Edited by tigerlam92

My 1st release is 136.6 I think.

I passed up Bookers 25 for $100. I feel bad but I wouldn't have enough room in the suit case.

That's the lowest price I've heard yet. Since I do not enjoy Booker's std bottles I don't think I would purchase at $100 either

My 1st release is 136.6 I think.

What’s the abv? The funky font on those bottles makes the 4s looks like 6s.

My 1st release bottle is 134.4 (but could easily be mistaken for 136.6 like Kpiz said).

2 OFBB 12. 45 each. Left em for the next person. 2 shelves full of AAA 10 star fifths.

Passed up some EH Taylor Rye ($70) and Small Batch ($46)...It's tax season. :smiley_acbt:

The Jim Beam Single Barrel seems to have arrived in Atlanta.

post-8493-14489820689891_thumb.jpg

Has a "bottled on" date but seems to have conveniently overloooked the "barreled on" date. Considered it but decided to pass for now.

The Jim Beam Single Barrel seems to have arrived in Atlanta.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18109[/ATTACH]

Has a "bottled on" date but seems to have conveniently overloooked the "barreled on" date. Considered it but decided to pass for now.

Saw you post before my run and lo an behold ran into it at the store. Couldn't resist, brought it home.

Everything, in NoCal for a few days, stopped at Total Wines, BevMo and Cask in SF, hardley anything interesting at all. Last time I was at Cask I dropped some coin on things I couldn't get in Detroit, today, the only thing that even looked interesting was Irish, Green Spot, passed on that too.

Edited by OutlawSW

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!