What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on new stag jr, barterhouse, and chetsmb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Red River bourbon has joined the rapidly expanding ranks of the "craft whiskey" section in Georgia. I seem to recall this was one of the bourbons that was Texas in name only and sourced from somewhere else but could find a thread on SB.com with any info. In any case I passed.

post-8493-14489820735902_thumb.jpg

Passed on Angel's Envy for $50. I may go get it anyway, want to keep encouraging this grocery store to keep expanding their selection.

Passed on everything again. EC21 @ 165. Whole line of SAOS. Weller 12. Got too much open to work down. On a side note Mississippi ABC got 99 cases of ETL in stock on Monday. All of north ms got restocked yesterday and today. If you need a store name that has it let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ms seems to get everything before Ga. What are they doing floating it down the river? :grin:

Passed on some WSR @$19 when I happened on an out-of-the-way shop, but I'm already regretting it. Weller products keep getting harder and harder to find here.

Also passed on another bottle of standard ETL (last one there), which I haven't seen around here for months.

Edited by upStomp

Just left 3 ECBP on the shelf at $51.99 each, due to the fact that i mistakenly bought 3 for myself when i figured $60 was the lowest it was going to go for around here. On that same note i picked up W12X2 at $23.99 today and left a ton there because i again bought 2 others last week at $30 thinking that was going to be the lowest.

I gave my self basically a $40 lesson in patience.

Just left 3 ECBP on the shelf at $51.99 each, due to the fact that i mistakenly bought 3 for myself when i figured $60 was the lowest it was going to go for around here. On that same note i picked up W12X2 at $23.99 today and left a ton there because i again bought 2 others last week at $30 thinking that was going to be the lowest.

We've all been there. At least you know that you can get it cheaper now! I hate overpaying too.

We've all been there. At least you know that you can get it cheaper now! I hate overpaying too.

Ehhh, but if someone in the area would like to know where to grab those ECBP just drop me a message. Not one of my usual joints, and i was surprised to see them there at all, since they never had anything but the usual suspects before.

With the difficulty of finding those bottles, "one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush." Considering your location, NYC, and the typical markup I see listed on the site for your area, I would have personally bought the ECBPs when I saw them. The W12s if I needed some, I probably would have bought one considering the hit or miss of finding them lately. Don't feel too bad.

With the difficulty of finding those bottles, "one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush." Considering your location, NYC, and the typical markup I see listed on the site for your area, I would have personally bought the ECBPs when I saw them. The W12s if I needed some, I probably would have bought one considering the hit or miss of finding them lately. Don't feel too bad.

Ya i caved and went back and grabbed 1. And now they got me thinking about a Lot B they had tucked away for $150. Fairish given the climate. Gonna have to wait a week though for that. I'm starting to dread my upcoming Amex bill.

Ya i caved and went back and grabbed 1. And now they got me thinking about a Lot B they had tucked away for $150. Fairish given the climate. Gonna have to wait a week though for that. I'm starting to dread my upcoming Amex bill.

Now I have to admit, you lose me at a buck fifty for Lot B. I'd drink my $32 Weller 12 and be happy. That's a huge mark up for a bottle I've never been impressed with even at retail (obviously my opinion, you'll find plenty who love Lot B). Tough decision though, obviously, opportunities to purchase VW stuff are few and far between. Good luck with your decision.

Not a fair price at all. It should be close to $50 and at the top end $70. It's not worth it! You could do a side by side with W12 and be hard pressed to tell the difference. W12 is only $21 here.

Now I have to admit, you lose me at a buck fifty for Lot B. I'd drink my $32 Weller 12 and be happy. That's a huge mark up for a bottle I've never been impressed with even at retail (obviously my opinion, you'll find plenty who love Lot B). Tough decision though, obviously, opportunities to purchase VW stuff are few and far between. Good luck with your decision.

Ya your not exactly wrong. And i do like it and have a bottle open now (that my old man paid $50 for Xmas for me back in a Chicago suburb). It's just so relative to this area, and like most NYC dwellers i dont have a car, so my chances to shop around are some what limited. It's hard to not be left with a feeling of 1) Yay its not $500 and 2) I know that eventually i will want another one but to be honest with myself, I know that the bottle my father got at the price is most likely a fluke so where does that really leave me if i want another.

Not a fair price at all. It should be close to $50 and at the top end $70. It's not worth it! You could do a side by side with W12 and be hard pressed to tell the difference. W12 is only $21 here.

I've done the side by side (not blind)....but I did notice a difference but not a huge one. I would say flavors are the same just that the Lot B's were bolder and stood out (guess that's the honey barrel effect)

Im really curious to do a side by side next week of my first batch of SB blend (read here that a 2 week settling time is optimum) and see how much of a difference i can really tell. I'm still relatively new to this and think that I am somewhat hype effected.

Passed on the Commemorative ETL for $70 at a huge chain retailer. Completely caught me off guard when they told me the price.

Leopold Georgia Peach. Really like peaches but not sure about how much peach I want with my whiskey.

Edited by berto

Passed on the Commemorative ETL for $70 at a huge chain retailer. Completely caught me off guard when they told me the price.

Passed on everything, although thought about marking the Forgiven tubes with todays date (as I think they are the same tubes since it was released). If they put those on a big sale (like half off), I'd probably crack and buy one. Saw the Jim Beam 1B, and thought the price was a joke (I guess someone is handing over $40 for that; not me when Bookers is right next to it at $49 . . . ) Keep waiting to see ECBP #4 or ETL come back, not that I'm short on either :)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!