What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed up a shelf of weller 12 at 30.99 and more ec21 at 179.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all have different taste and I've only tried one bottle of BMH but if it is woth $50 OGD, HH, AAA, and a host of other bottom/mid shelfers should be $100. But that is just one old farts opinion.

Now having said that if I could buy BMH for say $2.99 to $3.99 a 750 I might consider it.

You guys got me curious about BMH now. LOL. I also passed on a bottle of Old Scout Rye I was thinking of going back for. I might be tempted to get that bottle of Black Maple Hill.

You guys got me curious about BMH now. LOL. I also passed on a bottle of Old Scout Rye I was thinking of going back for. I might be tempted to get that bottle of Black Maple Hill.

I'm having a pour of my NAS BMH right now, and while I still like it, and think it was reasonable (in today's climate) at just under $50, it's not something I would "chase".

As others have inferred, I could have gotten 2 bottles of OGD114 + lunch for that $50 and been every bit as happy.

(Or a bottle of ETL and dinner, if I could find any).

While traveling today, stopped in at a store and passed on ECBPs for $89, Stagg Jr for $89, EC21 for $249.

While traveling today, stopped in at a store and passed on ECBPs for $89, Stagg Jr for $89, EC21 for $249.

Sounds like your next trip will go faster. Not much need to stop here again?

tbt

Sounds like your next trip will go faster. Not much need to stop here again?

tbt

Yep. Pretty much everything is jacked way up in this store.

Passed up a shelf of weller 12 at 30.99 and more ec21 at 179.99.

The EC21 I've been passing up @ $149.99 is starting to look better

Based on this post, I think it's high-time I revisit my bottle of BMH. Hopefully it tastes worth at least $5...

I'm probably out of line on my BMH comments and no one should think my tastes are similar to theirs. For instance I'd run accross 6 lanes of interstate for a pour of ECBP but wouldn't buy a bottle of EC12 if they gave it to me and added a $5 bonus to boot.

I donno if I could say that, $5 is awfully tempting.

Especially if you could buy two bottles of BMH with it. :cool:

Black Maple Hill is a good mid shelter. I've gotten them for $35. Nothing outstanding to me, but also nothing I dislike about it.

I'm probably out of line on my BMH comments and no one should think my tastes are similar to theirs. For instance I'd run accross 6 lanes of interstate for a pour of ECBP but wouldn't buy a bottle of EC12 if they gave it to me and added a $5 bonus to boot.

I don't believe you are out of line at all. I tend to agree.

I don't believe you are out of line at all. I tend to agree.

The phrase "resting on laurels" comes to mind

Black Maple Hill is a good mid shelter. I've gotten them for $35. Nothing outstanding to me, but also nothing I dislike about it.

Except now it's state minimum price in my state is $60 and from what I've seen in other states that seems to be the new MSRP. It was a marginal buy at $35...wouldn't touch it at $60.

AECS, EC21, ECBP, v17. All at 2.5 times + retail. :/ #thanksobama

This is 2nd post in the last couple days about passing on V17...I'm amazed it's still available at retail

2.5 times + over retail would be an easy pass though. It'll be there for a little while. Surprise also to see V17 around too.

George Stagg and William Larue Weller at 599 a piece. Van Winkle 23 at 1000-something... I don't speak gibberish.

-Mike

ECBP at $130. I'm not the world's biggest EC fan, and at ~$50 I probably would've grabbed it, but this was an easy pass. They also had a couple bottles of Stagg Jr (first release) as well, but reviews have been so-so and after learning the price of the ECBP, I didn't bother asking about this.

New botlling of stagg jr. Did not come home, neither did Ecbp batch4. Rare breed is roosting, however.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!