What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2014?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And finished the night with a heavy pour of Wisers Legacy. I wish they hadn't pulled this one out of the USA even ignoring the value, just a great balanced light finish.

Slo & Lo Rock & Rye. Been passing this lone bottle for six months, finally gave it a home and it's not going to last long.

Slo & Lo Rock & Rye. Been passing this lone bottle for six months, finally gave it a home and it's not going to last long.

That is definitely on my shopping list - got to try that at the Sampler (thanks Bruce!) and keep forgetting to pick one up. I know it is intended mostly to be used in cocktails, but that was quite drinkable neat.

It's very nice neat. I wouldn't even think of using it in cocktails. Just wouldn't have enough umph for me.

Had some High West Double Rye. A really interesting pour with lots of gin-botanical flavors.

It's very nice neat. I wouldn't even think of using it in cocktails. Just wouldn't have enough umph for me.

It would be more accurate to say it should be used as a cocktail in a bottle. Pour over a large cube and you are good to go!

There are a number of ryes that really can hit my sweet-spot on any given day. I'm very thankful for what is being done here in the USA, and also in Canada with this type of whiskey. But, as I sip on this Baby Saz right now, I am reminded why it (and its big brother, THH) is my favorite. Wonderfully creamy and interesting. :yum:

Some Ritt BIB. Great flavor, simple, straight forward, and reliable (more than anyone should expect for less than $20 IMHO!)

WFE25/100 and a Hirsch 25.

Slumming it for the night?

jealous, which did you prefer?

B

Slumming it for the night?

jealous, which did you prefer?

B

Just your average whiskey Wednesday at the Twisted Spoke.

I preferred the Hirsch, but not by much. Hirsch was surprisingly sweet, with an almost creamy quality in the mouthfeel.

The Willett was an incredible spicebomb. Much more aggressive.

For what it's worth, both were a few of my favorite ryes I've ever had.

Started out with a Sazerac coctail made with Smooth Ambler 8yr Rye barrel proof, then moving on to a glass of SAOC rye on its lovely own...

Man this stuff makes a mean coctail!

Before dinner I fixed a Manhattan with Willet 4 yr rye (110 proof), the very sweet Carpano Antica vermouth and doubled down on the Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel-Aged bitters. I haven't seen a Manhattan that dark before! I wish I could say it was killer, but it was a bit too much. I'll scale back the Antica next time.

While watching TV tonight, decided to have some SW WSR from 1992. Delicious stuff.

Just your average woody Wednesday at Twisted Spoke

Fixed your post.:grin:

THH '12. A rye punch in the mouth. Newly opened bottle and can't wait to try this in a top shelf Manhattan.

Last night was just a fine RITTBIB time. That I can still get this for $19.99 just amazes me.

Some notes/impressions on the Leopold Rye if you please.
Edited by MrAtomic

Couple ounces of a mingle of Jeff10 and WFER 4yr (honestly not sure why I made a mingle of this before? It ain't bad, but not special either . . . now it's just empty!)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!