What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2014?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Reached for some JEP NAS rye, and it is hitting the spot as the thunder rolls into Atlanta :yum:

Enjoying a pour of a mingle I made and forgot about - Jeff 10 (not NCF, batch 51) and WFER 4 yr. These play nicely with one another, although I like both components by themselves quite well, so not sure if this has "synergy". But a nice pour!

Had High West Double Rye for the first time. Very interesting pour. I was getting a lot of gin/IPA hoppy-type flavors.

Some EHT rye last night. Bottle has been ops for some time and has certainly changed from opening. But changed in a good way

B

After filling my belly full of pulled pork off the WSM, I'm now lazing on the hammock with a RP Connecticut and an AE Rye. I'm not sure I could find a better whiskey to sip right now. That sweet gingerbread note is spot on marvelous...

Nice pour off some Jeff 10 Rye :yum:

Gary, also enjoying some Jeff 10 rye. Good stuff.

After filling my belly full of pulled pork off the WSM, I'm now lazing on the hammock with a RP Connecticut and an AE Rye. I'm not sure I could find a better whiskey to sip right now. That sweet gingerbread note is spot on marvelous...

Heard you were one of the best "pork pullers" around. Musta been great.

I'm having a little (cough) Chops private label OESK and tuning out to doc Watson on the deck. Life is grand indeed :)

Heard you were one of the best "pork pullers" around. Musta been great.

I'm having a little (cough) Chops private label OESK and tuning out to doc Watson on the deck. Life is grand indeed :)

Beats pullin' the goat, I tell ya. Though, Troyce says it ain't so bad. :lol. Cheers to you, bro.

CEHT Rye after scrubbing the grass stains of the kids courtesy of the neighbors freshly mown lawn.

But it I don't feel too bad as our kids had it less than the rest of the neighborhood gang.

Hirsch 22. It's a woody beast, but has grown on me. Small doses however. Small doses.

Had a pour of Ritt BiB before I finished up the night with some WTR101.

Getting close to the end of a very enjoyable bottle of Baby Saz, while tending a pair of very nice Portehouses on the grill, to be consumed with some roasted Asparagus.

I don't think the bottle will last the night!

Life is good.

Had a very tasty pour of HW MWND last night. So good. Wish I could afford a couple of cases of this.

Nice pour of a mingle of some Willett ryes (25 yr and 4 yr; no idea of the proportions at this point but more 4 yr than 25 yr).

Had a little difficulty deciding what to pour tonight so I opted for Baby Saz. I saw the bottle and it still has a fair amount in it so I thought I would try to work the volume down a little. Had a small pour and was reminded why it has taken so long to empty. I am just not a fan. It is interesting. The first few sips are always pleasantly surprising but it leaves an odd aftertaste. The bottle is now destined to be a mixer.

Followed up with a small pour of HW Rendezvous Rye. Much more enjoyable.

Taylor rye but the bin last night so opening a Lot 40 to take its place.

B

Some SAOS 7yr Rye. Love the mint/bread combo I keep picking up.

I really liked my first bottle of Knob Creek Rye, but have been balking since at buying more, due to the hefty pricing. Decided to grab another today, and I am now wondering why I have been waiting. This is a fantastic rye. Big bite, similar in flavor to a good WT Rye. The 100 proof and extra age gives this Beam rye what I am looking for in this type of whiskey. Loving its power and smack while drinking it neat in my glass, but am thinking it would also be unbeatable in a cocktail. There is no doubt that this will always be on my bar from now on. This a rye mans, rye. My advice to anyone who has been underwhelmed by the other Beam ryes out there...forget about those. This is a totally different animal.

Nearing the end of a WFE 5yo. It has mellowed into a quite tasty pour. It's taken me much longer to go thru than Dickel Rye, tho.

Edited by MauiSon

Last night was rye night. RITBIB, Pepper, and finished off a bottle of SAOSR.

So just got back in the house from piddling in the yard for an hour. Not that hot but the humidity is off the scale. Soaking wet, time for some RITTBIB with some Blenhiems on ice.

Moved on to CETHBIBR. Just wish the price on this hadn't gone up so much in the past year because it is so damn flavorful. Oh well I expect when this bottle is empty I'll buy another.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!