Four Roses 2014 Small Batch LE

tuntime
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Already completely sold out in Atlanta. Yup. No need to even waste your time looking for it. It's all gone and it's never coming back.

Move along. :)

Always. I love hunting your honey hole joe. 

Can you two take your hole-loving off-line? Jeez - this is a family forum ;)

Can you two take your hole-loving off-line? Jeez - this is a family forum ;)

Fine. I'll take my goat and go home... :lol:

Looks like it is time to remind my local about this upcoming release as this is the only premium/allocated offering I ask for anymore. I leave the PVW/BTAC (as much as I would like them) to the others, this is the one bottle I go after every year. Rutledge is a living legend.

Aw c'mon fellas……...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19360[/ATTACH]

That's baaaaaaad! And I'm not kidding around.

• 2 weeks later...

Maryland really doesn't get much of this, which is disappointing. Looks like I'm probably not getting anywhere near it this year.

I had a taste of it at the distillery. I was not all that impressed. I thought the 2013 was much better.

Joe :usflag:

I played the connection card, got the call and picked up one last week. I don't think any of it ever made it to a shelf in the central KY area, as supply was very limited.

I played the connection card, got the call and picked up one last week. I don't think any of it ever made it to a shelf in the central KY area, as supply was very limited.

Agreed, but I was surprised to have paid $99 and not more. I just assumed it would have popped up due to demand.

Agreed, but I was surprised to have paid $99 and not more. I just assumed it would have popped up due to demand.

I'm glad to have it, but....it's still not worth it's 2 barrel proofers from the gift shop price.

Anyone got any tasting notes to post? Hasn't arrived in SoCal just yet, but I've been promised a bottle.

Sorry, I thought I saw a few of the guys post some notes the week of KBF (don't remember which thread). My condensed impressions without any notes...

Color: light amber with thin legs

Nose: softish with caramel, candied fruit and light alcohol bloom

Taste: somewhat thinnish mouthfeel, but coats nice and velvety to compensate. Easy on entry with nice spice bloom coming on suddenly afterward. Picked up some mint mid way.

Finish: good and lengthy finish with mint and fruit notes giving way while fairly good rye spice holds to end.

Impressions: a very balanced and complex mingling of fine whiskey. I'll admit, I didn't care for it at first pour and it didn't help it at all that I also opened a HHSS to go SBS with. In comparison, I just thought it was light and thin and overpowered by the mint notes (I had to really work to find any familiar dry oak notes). After a few days, I returned to find a more favorable impression. The mint seems to have now mellowed and the balance is there with all the familiar players performing in sublime fashion (with a few unfamiliar players joining in:grin:). Based on it's proof, it just struck me a little lighter than I would have imagined and is a very easy drinker. Finally, I don't think it's worth it's two barrel proofer single barrel price, but if your a fan of 4R (or a collector), this is another example of their absolutely amazing profile diversity that just simply delivers offerings that are totally unique and unlike anything else out there.

Edited by Paddy

Sorry, I thought I saw a few of the guys post some notes the week of KBF (don't remember which thread). My condensed impressions without any notes...

Color: light amber with thin legs

Nose: softish with caramel, candied fruit and light alcohol bloom

Taste: somewhat thinnish mouthfeel, but coats nice and velvety to compensate. Easy on entry with nice spice bloom coming on suddenly afterward. Picked up some mint mid way.

Finish: good and lengthy finish with mint and fruit notes giving way while fairly good rye spice holds to end.

Impressions: a very balanced and complex mingling of fine whiskey. I'll admit, I didn't care for it at first pour and it didn't help it at all that I also opened a HHSS to go SBS with. In comparison, I just thought it was light and thin and overpowered by the mint notes (I had to really work to find any familiar dry oak notes). After a few days, I returned to find a more favorable impression. The mint seems to have now mellowed and the balance is there with all the familiar players performing in sublime fashion (with a few unfamiliar players joining in:grin:). Based on it's proof, it just struck me a little lighter than I would have imagined and is a very easy drinker. Finally, I don't think it's worth it's two barrel proofer single barrel price, but if your a fan of 4R (or a collector), this is another example of their absolutely amazing profile diversity that just simply delivers offerings that are totally unique and unlike anything else out there.

Thanks! I know quite a few member here don't believe whiskey changes but from my personal experience, particularly with Four Roses is that the change is quite noticeable for me after a couple weeks. The 2013 LE SmB had a much better nose when I first opened it but I noted that the flavors were not in harmony, the finish was quite sharp. However after a couple weeks, it really mellowed out for me but the last third became so subtle that I missed some of the flavors I remember from initial tastings.

Thanks! I know quite a few member here don't believe whiskey changes but from my personal experience, particularly with Four Roses is that the change is quite noticeable for me after a couple weeks. The 2013 LE SmB had a much better nose when I first opened it but I noted that the flavors were not in harmony, the finish was quite sharp. However after a couple weeks, it really mellowed out for me but the last third became so subtle that I missed some of the flavors I remember from initial tastings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hands down the best whisky I had at SF WhiskyFest. I prefer the 2014 to the 2013, but I'm a sucker for a nice smooth finish. My wife poured out (into my glass) her PVW 23 to get a second pour of this. FR just keeps hitting home runs.

Just got a call ,wanting to know if I want one of these..$74.99, I said why not, never had one before. Good price?

Just got a call ,wanting to know if I want one of these..$74.99, I said why not, never had one before. Good price?

Very good price!

That is an AMAZING price!!!! You should run to that store, buy it, and then walk out of the place like you stole it. All of mine have been at least $100 once you add in tax. Great find at a outstanding price. Congrats.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.