Four Roses 2014 Small Batch LE

tuntime
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got a call ,wanting to know if I want one of these..$74.99, I said why not, never had one before. Good price?

Paid $75 (including tax) in Ky.

I just ordered a couple bottles, I think, from Total Wine in Florida - it was listed in their computer system as LE Small Batch, no year stated, priced at $88+...hmmm, fingers crossed.

Paid $110 at the gift shop and did not mind at all. Some fine whiskey, no not as tasty at 12 or 13 but still pretty yummy.

Best regards, Tony

The phone conversation went, Me:Hi are you getting or have any FR2014 SmB LE.

Store: Ummm we only were allocated one bottle.

Me: I guess you sold it?

Store: No we still have the bottle.

Me:

I bet you can guess what I said next.

In this small store I scored both the 2014 SmB and the Single Barrell

Just pick mine up; on hold since last week. Allocation is tighter than last year.

[ATTACH]19662[/ATTACH]

Where is the year stated?

the phone conversation went, me:hi are you getting or have any fr2014 smb le.

Store: Ummm we only were allocated one bottle.

Me: I guess you sold it?

Store: No we still have the bottle.

Me:

I bet you can guess what i said next.

In this small store i scored both the 2014 smb and the single barrell

niiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!

On the bottom, between Small Batch and Barrel Strength.

Ok, got it, thanks - needed my reading glasses for that one [emoji1]

I picked up a bottle from a retailer in Oklahoma. I travel here for work frequently and have developed relationships with several stores. When I went into the store today, I was told that they changed distributors over my bottle. Their old distributor wouldn't work with them, so they moved $800k+ in business over to someone else. This same shop also got me a 2014 LE Single Barrel. The distribution here is very odd - prices are generally good, but they don't see much of the harder to find bourbons. The shop manager said that many distributors base things on an entire state's population as opposed to a particular city or even volume of sales. I'm not sure I completely buy that, but it would help explain some of the scarcity here.

Now back to the juice in the bottle: I'm really excited to crack these open. I tried the Single Barrel in Louisville and loved it. I have since found a couple OESF store selections.

Still waiting to see it in Atlanta. I'm getting a real "red headed stepchild" vibe in Georgia distribution this year.

I picked up a bottle from a retailer in Oklahoma. I travel here for work frequently and have developed relationships with several stores. When I went into the store today, I was told that they changed distributors over my bottle. Their old distributor wouldn't work with them, so they moved $800k+ in business over to someone else. This same shop also got me a 2014 LE Single Barrel. The distribution here is very odd - prices are generally good, but they don't see much of the harder to find bourbons. The shop manager said that many distributors base things on an entire state's population as opposed to a particular city or even volume of sales. I'm not sure I completely buy that, but it would help explain some of the scarcity here.

Now back to the juice in the bottle: I'm really excited to crack these open. I tried the Single Barrel in Louisville and loved it. I have since found a couple OESF store selections.

I would say population is a good measure of consumption. Sure there are state by state variances in consumption but they aren't wide enough to overcome population differences.

And it would be nice if we had the option to switch distributors when things go wrong. We have only one choice for each brand.

Easier on the state, only a few distributors to collect taxes from. Keeps prices high. since the state takes a %, they want a higher number over a lower number.

OK it hasn't hit ATL yet. I was starting to think I missed it.

Still waiting to see it in Atlanta. I'm getting a real "red headed stepchild" vibe in Georgia distribution this year.

OK it hasn't hit ATL yet. I was starting to think I missed it.

I was beginning to think same. In years past seemed like we got ours early. Wasssuppp with that???? Starting to get the 4RSmBLEd DT's

Sampled this a few days ago at a local bar and really liked it. Lucked out on a bottle. My non-whiskey drinking friend found me a bottle by his house yesterday.

Was finally able to get my hands on one in KC... Excited to try it after reading some of the tasting notes

Any word on when this will arrive in Chicagoland? I haven't heard anything, just crickets. In the past, it usually came in late September/October.

This has officially hit ATL.

Indeed it has. Obligatory car shot...

post-8493-14489821660332_thumb.jpg

Safety first!

Having my first pour tonight and now my second pour. Right away, really liking this a lot. Nice balance and complex taste with a good finish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.