Four Roses 2014 Small Batch LE

tuntime
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has this ever made NY, never was able to find the 13 or 14 here.

I can't speak in broad strokes as to NY, or NJ or CT, but in my personal travels to liquor stores in the area, I have barely seen a FR LE in years. That said, I am seeing more FR Barrel Strength selections in the area in the $50-$60 range, so that is a positive at least. I've basically given up on any limited editions these days, though if it qualifies, I did pick up a couple of bottles of PHC 8. Good luck.

Definitely in NYC- I know one retailer that got some and promptly sold out, found another store with bottles on a shelf- for $200, understandably so.

Enjoyed a large pour of the '14 4RSmb LE this evening. I'm about 3/4 of the way through this bottle, and this is hands down the most unique little chameleon I've had the pleasure to drink in the past few years. It is also one of the best damn whiskeys I've drank in the past few years!

Yes, it's a little thinnish, but still good and oily with no real sign of a typical bitter and/or drying oak note that I'm used to finding on the front end. I'm also getting a great big black licorice note along with plenty of white pepper, caramel, vanilla and mint. The little symphony of flavors gives me plenty to study and savor in the moderately long finish. Ahhh, the guises of Four Roses is having its way with me once again...

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.