Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

$50 a pint someone said?

Uh, nope.

Exactly. $50 per pint is nuts. Assuming this is still a 6-8yr product, it's considerably more expensive than barrel proof offerings from the likes of HH and FR.

But it's Makers! I have a friend who believes Bourbon drinkers fall into two categories: Those who've tried Makers and discovered it's the best and the unfortunate others who haven't tried it yet.

Ill undoubtedly get a bottle...Ya know, somebody always pays it...and all that jazz. :D.

We'll see how it goes, but I heard a less than glowing review of it over the weekend. No matter, though. Others reviews have little to no influence on my whiskey purchasing habits...despite the sometimes needless dents to my wallet over the years:lol:

$50 for a pint means a 750ml would cost $79.38. Who knows, it may be a little less if it's available outside the gift shop.

The head of our barrel selections committee has seen the bottles and tasted the whiskey. He says they are not 375, they're 750. I haven't seen them personally, so I can't say if he's mistaken. But he hasn't heard a price yet, either. I asked him specifically about the bottle size two weeks ago.

Cask strength....sheez. It's a barrel, Rob.

Do I have to drink it by the dram, too?

(Only partially kidding)

Braden,

Great question! The gift shop plans on selling the bottles for $39.95 plus tax. They are 375 ml bottles.

Cheers!

Rob

--

Rob Samuels

Chief Operating Officer

I recall a thread about a year ago with a (paraphrased) title of "What bourbon do you wish a distiller made?". A lot of the posts mentioned "barrel proof Maker's", including my post. A high price will likely restrict it to a novelty product for all consumers, including enthusiasts, but the fact that it's being released at all is awesome.

If it's good, somewhat available and priced right (like ECBP) I imagine it will become a regular pour in a lot of SB.com households. If it's expensive and/or impossible to find, we will still search it out, but with limited access it may not create the intended pull through to other MM products. Either way, I want it now!

Braden,

Great question! The gift shop plans on selling the bottles for $39.95 plus tax. They are 375 ml bottles.

Cheers!

Rob

--

Rob Samuels

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you Sir-

Appreciate the information and will plan on visiting you all during the KBF for a few bottles.

Best regards, Tony

Hmm, double hmm, perhaps Beam means to treat it like Old Tub that's only available in 375s as a gift shop exclusive.

Hmm, double hmm, perhaps Beam means to treat it like Old Tub that's only available in 375s as a gift shop exclusive.

Which, IIRC, violates the rule/law/guideline/suggestion that the distilleries can't sell something that isn't available in the states normal retail channels.

Well, it's kinda like Doc Holiday said when the Earps handed him the shotgun, "who gonna stop us".

$40 for a 375? I'm not surprised since they will likely sell out regularly (and we'll see them on select web-sites going for half-again that amount, if not double!) I don't know when I'll make it by the distillery, but unless I try it first and am underwhelmed - I'll be in for one. At $80 a 750, it is significantly higher than FR, Bookers, ECBP, etc. But, Maker's is marketed as a premium product (plus being a gift shop exclusive carries some premium, etc). All in all - not that outrageous, but they are painting the corners :)

Over under on what time the first internet Makers CS car croch shot appears on 9/1.

I can't stop laughing. Thanks for making my night. :grin:

I got to hands it to the folks at Maker's. Their really stepping up and meeting their customer's demands. I will definitely purchase a bottle or two during KBF.

Which, IIRC, violates the rule/law/guideline/suggestion that the distilleries can't sell something that isn't available in the states normal retail channels.

EC barrel proof was the same way until local stores complained. Then it saw a new label and minuscule quantities in distribution.

I would imagine they will get some to retailers but not until they cash in big time at the gift shop.

At $40/375, I'd guess >80% of our esteemed members will have tried [and >50% will own a bottle] within 6 months. Isn't that what we're here to do? So, who's sending me a sample? :drinking:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.