Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's $39 around here. I picked up two more of these. One to replace my empty, one to keep at mom's house...after all, the holiday season is upon us.

Hmmm....holidays? I'd better get another one.

I'm incredibly excited about this. I'm told it will hit Wisconsin shelves by the holidays. Since almost all Kentucky distilleries treat the production of wheaters with disdain, I've found myself turning more and more towards 46. Larceny just doesn't do it for me, Weller is never on the shelf, Old FitzBIB is meh. Now all we need are some age statements.

Thank god for the Japanese. If they ever give me a MM 12yr barrel proof, I'd rob banks to make it my daily pour.

Sources tell me it'll be in my neck of the woods soon. Surprisingly, I was even asked if I'd be interested in any. :cool:

Sources tell me it'll be in my neck of the woods soon. Surprisingly, I was even asked if I'd be interested in any. :cool:

Found a couple bottles of this today.

I'll be tasting during tonight's Cowboys/"Generic Washington Inoffensive Mascot" game.

Found a couple bottles of this today.

I'll be tasting during tonight's Cowboys/"Generic Washington Inoffensive Mascot" game.

Just a heads up, they were out of this at the distillery this past weekend so if you are planning to stop in to grab a bottle, I'd give them a call first.

I was super excited to see this show up at our local Total Wine locations.

Was super bummed to see the price tag of $62.99, upon which you get to add the highest tax rate in the nation.

I shall pass and do what has become too frequent a necessity - shop online.

I was super excited to see this show up at our local Total Wine locations.

Was super bummed to see the price tag of $62.99, upon which you get to add the highest tax rate in the nation.

I shall pass and do what has become too frequent a necessity - shop online.

Wow Steve! Was that the price for a 375?

Yep - 375ml.

I was initially stoked to see it and was preparing to grab two of them until the price sunk in. Craziness.

Yep - 375ml.

I was initially stoked to see it and was preparing to grab two of them until the price sunk in. Craziness.

Wow, even Bevmo is selling them for $40 so that's surprising to hear Total Wines price.

DBM found it here at a BevMo for $40 so Total Wine's price is really a mystery. Especially since BevMo has some pretty outrageous prices on some other standards that Total Wine is "relatively" reasonable on.

Bevmo has steadily been raising prices on existing stock. I've seen as much as a 10% increase, from $80 to $88 on a bottle of scotch. Their FR PS bottle is around $74 now... And it's not very good.

I just received this today and popped it open. It's very interesting. I feel like the nose gives off more heat and alcohol than it actually tastes. I was expecting it to be a lot hotter. It's very balanced though. Not hard to sip at all at full proof. Another strange-ish observation, but I feel like the higher proof brings out its age a bit more too. I'd love to taste this at 8+ years.

Overall a really nice bourbon and something I'm glad MM did. I'll keep this around as a novelty but it's not worth the asking price. I'll see how it opens up.

Picked up two at $35.99 each at 67wine.com. Bargains are not the norm in Manhattan, so happy to stumble on one. Seven more left as of last night.

I saw this at Binnys for $60+ a bottle. Decided to pass.

Yeah, I was quoted $49.99 before tax. For a 375ml... no way.

It's a spendy little bitch, but I'm damned glad I got a bottle. I find it pretty great. No regrets.

It's a spendy little bitch, but I'm damned glad I got a bottle. I find it pretty great. No regrets.

Just curious what you paid for yours, Sean?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.