Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well she has good taste in varietals, so there's that.

My wife is not a bourbon "drinker" per se, but I've discovered that she likes most Four Roses products so that's progress.

I just bought some but have to transport it in my bag. I want to open it now though. Does anyone know if it is a screw top or cork?

I worried about the same thing with bourbons. Someone shipped a mmcs to me and and it sat on its side all week. Was relieved to find that it has synthetic cork so it wouldn't be dissolved by the strong alcohol. Don't know how bad submerging the cork is but I avoid it for weeks on end if I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Found it at Twin Liquors in Austin last night $29 a bottle, I picked up 2, tried it and went back and got 2 more. I liked it that much.

Found it at Twin Liquors in Austin last night $29 a bottle, I picked up 2, tried it and went back and got 2 more. I liked it that much.

$29 a bottle is a good price. I might buy another at that price point.

Polished off my first bottle tonight - I found it to be a very tasty, easy drinking, almost mindless drink given its "cask strength" reputation. I'm a buyer at $34.99 or less.

Polished off my first bottle tonight - I found it to be a very tasty, easy drinking, almost mindless drink given its "cask strength" reputation. I'm a buyer at $34.99 or less.

My Local just got some in. Priced at 32.99. I think I'll stop in and grab one or two for the holidays.

At $29 a bottle I'd buy it by the case. This is quickly becoming my go to pour.

Tasting this little 375 gem yesterday I did like the character and complexity. In contrast to a bottle of OGD114 as an example- I find it a bit more interesting and lovely pour- but at three times the price it's unlikely I'll go back for more.

I keep finding OGD 114 as a favorite value. I just hope they don't pull it and reissue it at twice the price.

K&L posted on their blog that they got an entire truckload of MMCS. They claim if you want 50 cases, go ahead and place your order.

I picked up a bottle at Binny's today. I haven't seen it in the Indy area, although I would guess it has been around. Is the proof on all of the batches the same? Mine is Batch #14-02 and is 113.3 proof. I will be honest, I didn't enjoy my first taste. It is a lot better with a small cube of ice which melted quickly.

I haven't seen it in the Indy area, although I would guess it has been around.

My understanding is that the entire allocation here went to bars.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.