Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've gotten to the point that if one my two stops has a bottle and gets one that's great, if not it doesn't bother me

Agreed and I'm the same way. If it falls in to my lap, great. If not there are countless other great bottles available every day of the week. They all start to taste the same after four or five drinks, anyway.

Hmmm, the timing of each person's response to the original email, versus the bottle they were lucky enough to score, seems out of whack. I was able to respond within 5 minutes of receiving the original email, but I got the congratulatory email for my 5th (i.e., last) choice, the bottle of THH. I purchased it because I wanted it (just not my preferred selection), but heck, responding in what appears to be the least amount of time (relative to those posting here), I would have thought I would have scored a WLW (my first choice) instead. Oh, well.

Hmmm, the timing of each person's response to the original email, versus the bottle they were lucky enough to score, seems out of whack. I was able to respond within 5 minutes of receiving the original email, but I got the congratulatory email for my 5th (i.e., last) choice, the bottle of THH. I purchased it because I wanted it (just not my preferred selection), but heck, responding in what appears to be the least amount of time (relative to those posting here), I would have thought I would have scored a WLW (my first choice) instead. Oh, well.

Yeah, it was definitely a weird system. Great that you got a bottle though!

I was told there were certain people out there who wrote scripts to automatically respond to those emails.

I was told there were certain people out there who wrote scripts to automatically respond to those emails.

It is amazing how people figure out ways to play the system.

I almost didn't bother checking my email. Been busy and not chasing this anyway.

Waited almost a day. Just ordered and still show 114 available for GTS.

Picking up to save some shipping.

I did respond to initial bevmo email over three hrs later.

I actually think this is a good way. I heard previously the employees bought it all.

I almost didn't bother checking my email. Been busy and not chasing this anyway.

Waited almost a day. Just ordered and still show 114 available for GTS.

Picking up to save some shipping.

I did respond to initial bevmo email over three hrs later.

I actually think this is a good way. I heard previously the employees bought it all.

Hugh, did you receive the initial email that was sent out informing the "1%" of Clubbev members?

Yeah, very grateful and happy that I won the opportunity to buy the THH, even if it was my last choice. And I agree with all the comments that this seems to be the fairest way to handle the BTAC release from BevMo. This will be my first bottle of BTAC, after years of trying to purchase from my local BevMo brick and mortar location. Totally agree with others that store employee shenanigans made BTAC almost impossible to find in-store over the years. Glad BevMo management is taking steps to address the situation.

Yeah, it was definitely a weird system. Great that you got a bottle though!

Bevmo really did a good job here. They even package it nicely and knew I was coming by name treating me like a VIP.

Wow

Because of my comment on the employees buying it all I try not to shop there before.

But I may swing by a little more now because of this.

post-2364-14489821568201_thumb.jpg

post-2364-14489821568483_thumb.jpg

Bevmo really did a good job here. They even package it nicely and knew I was coming by name treating me like a VIP.

Wow

Because of my comment on the employees buying it all I try not to shop there before.

[ATTACH]19539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19540[/ATTACH]

That's exactly what I thought when my delivery arrived. Used a 5% coupon so I can now buy a burger from five guys and wash it down with down GTS. They kept the paper wrapping on it too.

post-11296-14489821568768_thumb.jpg

post-11296-14489821569196_thumb.jpg

my friend got the email from bevmo and is getting a George T. Stagg.

I never got an email, I assume because he shops at bevmo more often than me (I buy online a lot).

how sad...

Wow

[ATTACH]19539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19540[/ATTACH]

Whoa nice packaging!!

Do liquor stores find out in advance how much they are going to be allocated (regardless of what they say to us)?

Don't they have to pay in advance for the bottles from the wholesalers? Just wondering if I should expect my Texas retailers to be already aware in advance of the numbers and bottle types of their 2014 allocations yet.

Sometimes. With btac (in ky), it's up to Sazarac with "little" input from distributor.

With everything else, the distributor decides who gets what. From our experience, when they tell you "I'm not sure how much you are getting", what they really mean is that you are getting less than last year.

Sometimes. With btac (in ky), it's up to Sazarac with "little" input from distributor.

With everything else, the distributor decides who gets what. From our experience, when they tell you "I'm not sure how much you are getting", what they really mean is that you are getting less than last year.

Ha. Eric, somehow I knew you'd be coming to the rescue on this. So you really don't know how much or what you're getting until it jumps out of the truck? That's amazing. They just bill you later? What a market! "We might give you what we (or Sazerac in the case of BTAC) feel like. You'll find out what we felt like when it arrives" :)

Edited by The Black Tot

I was talking to a liquor store owner in Odenton, MD and he told me the BTAC and VanWinkle stuff is actually brought around by a Buffalo Trace agent. He said it did not come through his distributor. He had an idea of what he might get but no concrete answer.

When I asked A local smallish liquor store owner why he never gets high end stuff, he told me he gets about 30 bottles of BTAC and VW each year but is required to offer them to restaurants, bars, and hotels first. If there are any left he can sell them to the public but they always sell. When asked what would happen if he didn't do that he said he wouldn't get his allotment anymore. In sc, bars, etc must still buy through liquor stores.

That's basically what happens here. The majority of it goes to Portland bars and restaurants. What little doesn't might actually get to a store shelf for a second, but most of the liquor stores have online inventory (and apparently people checking it 24/7) so even if you're at the right place you might still miss it. A few bottles trickle down to Eugene, Salem, and the rest of the state. Last year, like an idiot, I passed on a bottle of WLW (oh they'll have this tomorrow!) and suspect I won't even have a shot at any this year.

I was talking to a liquor store owner in Odenton, MD and he told me the BTAC and VanWinkle stuff is actually brought around by a Buffalo Trace agent. He said it did not come through his distributor. He had an idea of what he might get but no concrete answer.
I have no idea if they're on a different schedule from the rest of Maryland, but the major stores already got their BTAC for the year. It would be interesting to discover that different stores in the same county got it month(s) apart.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.