What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing off a bottle of booker's 2013-6. Really enjoyed this bottle. I know where more of this batch is at. I'm going to have to pick up more.

Started with some WT Diamond anniversary and now some OFBB '14. Last night I was able to try the 2014 FR smallbatch. It was a very good bourbon. We were staying at the Hotel ZaZa in Houston and they had a bar full of Pappy Vanwinkle and the new Parkers Heritage bourbon. But I opted for the 4Rs. Glad I did.

Finished off a bottle of ER tonight. Was a store pick barrel and the first ER I've really enjoyed. Will most definitely pick up some more.

Finished off a bottle of ER tonight. Was a store pick barrel and the first ER I've really enjoyed. Will most definitely pick up some more.

Surprised you can still type! :grin:

I've gone back to the D9/103. Didn't care too much for it at first, but now see why Doug is such a fan. Great, long finish!

I've gone back to the D9/103. Didn't care too much for it at first, but now see why Doug is such a fan. Great, long finish!

thats exactly how it worked out for me; I was indifferent at first, then it clicked. I keep it out of easy reach though, so as to never get tired of it. I still have eight of the original '13 bottling, and plan to add more to the bunker of it.

tonight, though.......it's totally a Booker's night.

In one way, Im kinda glad that Ive settled into just wanting Booker's, Dickel 9, HH6BIB and OE101......but I kinda miss trying new stuff......but dont miss the constant disappointment that "its not as good as any of my regular 4 labels, I shouldve just bought those instead". Plus, all of my favorite 4 are easy to get, and each fit a different mood to cover all the bases. What an odd hobby we have.

Finishing off the last pour of a bottle of Weller 12 tonight. Only one in the bunker so I guess I'll be looking for a few bottles on my next run.

thats exactly how it worked out for me; I was indifferent at first, then it clicked. I keep it out of easy reach though, so as to never get tired of it. I still have eight of the original '13 bottling, and plan to add more to the bunker of it.

tonight, though.......it's totally a Booker's night.

In one way, Im kinda glad that Ive settled into just wanting Booker's, Dickel 9, HH6BIB and OE101......but I kinda miss trying new stuff......but dont miss the constant disappointment that "its not as good as any of my regular 4 labels, I shouldve just bought those instead". Plus, all of my favorite 4 are easy to get, and each fit a different mood to cover all the bases. What an odd hobby we have.

It's never a bad thing to try something new.... But you have picked some good ones to stick with..

It's never a bad thing to try something new.... But you have picked some good ones to stick with..

Totally agree. I know what my favorites are but trying something new keeps me intrigued.

Started with PH8, which I absolutely love. Keeping it in the wheat family, I'm no into some HHSS#2 which is absolutely sublime.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.