What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WT101. I have so many special release, premiums, upper shelf bourbons but I end up drinking WT101, OGDBiB, OWA etc almost nightly

Had a pour of OWA107 and then some SB blend as I made up some more last night. I find that I like the blend ratios of OWA:W12 3:2 and OWA:W12 1:2. These both give me something different on different days.

Started of by having two pours tonight. The SA Contradiction and Belle Meade 9y Sherry casks. I picked both of them up last week and I'm just now getting around to opening them. The SA Con. is ok, it's worth a try, but I want buy another bottle. This other sh#% that I bought.......... It's been a long time since I have bought a bottle that I regret buying, but this BM is it. If you like black licorice buy a bottle. I am not impressed at all. You win some and you lose some.....

I am happy to safely dispose of that nasty ol' BM 9yo Sherry for you! Just give it to somebody headed east on I-10 and tell them to take a left at Mobile... :cool:

aaaa6bbf3054ce689e845ef54725c97c.jpg

1974 OWO, there is magic in these old SW bottles

Note the 760 ml on the label. Getting more is just one of the magic ingredients.

After much experimenting with the SB blend, I've recently come to the conclusion that I prefer W12 on its own. Still good either way though!

This was my first time with both W12 and the SB blend. I went in with the intention of forming an opinion as to which one I liked best, but ended up not being able to do so; I honestly like them all. The solution: keep trying.

Deps EWSB last night, this one really varies with my palate. Sometimes it is pure brown sugar as it was last night, which I love. Other times it is like cherry Luden's, which I like far less.

Old Fitz BIB down the hatch after a nice corned beef sandwich for lunch. Nothing like a mid-day pour after a stressful and trying morning.

Screw up this afternoon. I have/had two almost empty bottle of ER: a 10YO and a 10YO SB. I finished off the SB, which is not replaceable and should have been saved for future SBS, instead of the newer 10YO non-SB which is replaceable,

I finished off a Bookers tonight. I only opened it about a week ago so that's one of my quickest finishes.

That's rather stout, especially for Booker's.

aaaa6bbf3054ce689e845ef54725c97c.jpg

1974 OWO, there is magic in these old SW bottles

That is beauty if it ever existed. Damn

Going to try the Dickel No. 8 tonight with a yet to be chosen bourbon as a followup

Four Roses Single Barrel. A store selection that has been open for about 6 months. 8 years 10 months old. I shared this with my team before we went over to the office holiday party. Damn fine bourbon and a great way to kick off the festivities.

Smuggled a four grain vat into the hospital tonight. We tried to induce labor with our first child for a marathon 25 hours before having to succumb to a c-section last night, which also happened to be my mom's birthday. So we got to give her a grand-daughter for her bday, her first grandchild. Wife and baby are healthy, though, so all's well that ends well.

Smuggled a four grain vat into the hospital tonight. We tried to induce labor with our first child for a marathon 25 hours before having to succumb to a c-section last night, which also happened to be my mom's birthday. So we got to give her a grand-daughter for her bday, her first grandchild. Wife and baby are healthy, though, so all's well that ends well.

Magical times the birth is. Congrats, and enjoy. I raise my glass and wish your daughter the best of luck and health in life.

B

Congrats dcbt. Two boys here. Drive me and my wife nuts, but wouldn't change a minute of it.

Drinking some PHC 8, and Dickel 9yr tonight. Both excellent.

Started with JTS Brown and like it so much I'm staying for more. Underrated pour and cheaper than EWB in Oregon.

congrats!

my mom's b-day was also yesterday

Congratulations! My wife gave birth to our first on Saturday (12/13/14) after about 12 hours of labor. I guess she wanted a cool birthday, because she showed up 9 days early. Mom and daughter are doing really well. Really proud to give my parents their first grandchild.

The only real shame is I have a bottle of Bruichladdich 1973 (blasphemy, I know) on deck to crack open to celebrate, but I've been too exhausted to do so.

Awesome!! Congrats to you.

I lift my Elmer T Lee in toast to you and the family.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.