What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with JTS Brown and like it so much I'm staying for more. Underrated pour and cheaper than EWB in Oregon.

How does it compare to J.W. Dant? I'm a Dant fan but have not tried JTS ... yet.

As for myself, I'm hanging with OGDBiB.

Very close if memory serves, if they were sitting on the shelf side by side I would pick the one that's cheapest. Or buy both.

Edited by squire

Having some OFBB 2012. I think I prefer this one to the 2013 (and I never found any 2014 "Hint"), which is sad because this one is over half empty and i still have an unopened 2013.

Congratulations! My wife gave birth to our first on Saturday (12/13/14) after about 12 hours of labor. I guess she wanted a cool birthday, because she showed up 9 days early. Mom and daughter are doing really well. Really proud to give my parents their first grandchild.

The only real shame is I have a bottle of Bruichladdich 1973 (blasphemy, I know) on deck to crack open to celebrate, but I've been too exhausted to do so.

Congrats! That's an epic birthdate.

vatting of Dickel 9/103 and AE rye here!

I cant even begin to imagine how that tastes. Love the Dickel 9, couldnt even finish a pour of AER.

Hats off to you new parents. My first is two and the second bun is in the oven. Get some sleep when you can. Cheers.

WTRB tonight, as i cook a porkchop and brown gravy with mushroom dinner.

got the cops called on me today for cleaning up an abandoned lot on the street. no good deed goes unpunished, right? I am ready to move somewhere where I have no neighbors.

FRSB the other night.

Tonight, with some friends:

Baker's

Willett WFE 9 yr.- hot, butterscotch and clarified butter on the finish.

Smooth Ambler Contradiction- tasty, but I can taste the "youngness" of the younger bourbon. The SAOS 8 yr. 1B is much better.

Stagg Jr. on an ice sphere. The bottle is getting low and I doubt at this point that I will be buying another.

Started with Weller 12, followed by Special Reserve, wife said "you better slow down", had two Ultras with dinner, she left the room and I poured a Blanton! She is wrapping presents so I pour a Forester.

I cant even begin to imagine how that tastes. Love the Dickel 9, couldnt even finish a pour of AER.

It was fairly decent. Both have positive attributes to bring to the party. Ramped up rye zip, with a diminished vitamin note resulting in a smoother taste with a light touch of butterscotch rum! The best part was that the vat did not lessen the legendary 9/103 finish one bit!

Had a couple of fairly large pours of KC tonight at a Christmas party. It was absolutely delicious!

Had our office Christmas toast at the end of the workday and I didn't like the whiskey offerings that were provided so I dipped into the private stash and had some CEHT BP 129. Just fantastic stuff.

Now home and am enjoying some SB blend and WTRB.

Opened the barrel pick ER last night. I'm convinced my dealer has the golden touch. Never enjoyed ER previously and the first pour was just fantastic. So were the next six.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.