What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went straight for some 2014 FR SmB LE. This is one that hits me different depending on the night. Tonight, I added some ice, and I really enjoyed it. Before the ice, I felt it was a little too "spice-forward". Once this has some time in the glass, it really opens up. The nose is excellent and the finish lingers (in a good way).

I've now moved on to a store selection SAOS 10 - clocking in around 112 proof. It's nice. It's not remotely as complex as the LE FR, but it's good in its own right.

Right after work at the local bar, a half pour of Baby Saz and Whistle Pig Boss Hogg. Came home and had a pour of my Stagg Jr. and CEHT Small Batch blend. Finishing with some ECBP batch 4 which blows the previous pours out of the water. Damn.

Pickup up a bottle of ER today since its been about a year and a half since I've had some. Not expensive enough to regret, but definitely don't have much of a taste for the BT low-rye mashbill these days.

Only thing to battle the blistering cold tonight is OGDBiB. I followed that up with a pour of Dickel Barrel Select and what an incredible difference between the two.

I began with a mixture of ECBP and EC12 then moved to a small pour of HHSS2 after that some SB blend, twiced....

Went with Jefferson's SmB last night and it just tasted watered down with no finish. Probably wont buy another bottle.

Started of by having two pours tonight. The SA Contradiction and Belle Meade 9y Sherry casks. I picked both of them up last week and I'm just now getting around to opening them. The SA Con. is ok, it's worth a try, but I want buy another bottle. This other sh#% that I bought.......... It's been a long time since I have bought a bottle that I regret buying, but this BM is it. If you like black licorice buy a bottle. I am not impressed at all. You win some and you lose some.....

post-9285-1448982178422_thumb.jpg

post-9285-1448982178422_thumb.jpg

Maker's Mark CS Batch 14-02. I see the argument that this needs more age but the "spirity" part of it is pleasant, imo.

OWA

W12

OWA/W12

And I have not one bad thing to say about any of the three.:cool:

After much experimenting with the SB blend, I've recently come to the conclusion that I prefer W12 on its own. Still good either way though!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.