What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

the first pour was just fantastic. So were the next six.

best SB quote in quote some time!

I think Im gonna start off with another shootout between EC12 storepick and regular ol HHBIB gold. Each has something the other lacks.

shootout between EC12 storepick and regular ol HHBIB gold. Each has something the other lacks.

Another day and another Christmas party. Choice of MM or WR and I went with the Woodford. Actually didn't hurt a bit...

^^^^^Ohhhhhhh mannnnn.....the ER 101 is one I'm truly jealous of. Discontinued before I got into bourbon. I killed the last remaining bottle at the local bar with one of my colleagues.

I'm having a banner night myself still. Started with some Willett 23yr bourbon. This is my 4th pour from the bottle and it's really turning into something special. Right after opening, the oak was present in a subtle way on the back of the palate and on the finish. I actually didn't mind it. The barrel this came from was managed properly in the cold part of the rickhouse so the oak is not overpowering. Tonight though, the oak was even more in the background, almost not there. The whiskey was thick, creamy, buttery and viscous with a rich mouthfeel. It's kind of blowing my doors off. I know the Willett's can be tricky. I scored with this one.

I'm following it up with some WT101 8yr that I brought back from China. A more complex animal than the stateside WT 101 (Which I like).

It's a really good night.

Started with ND Era Old Crow.

Then OGD 86 (for reference)

Than several pours of 1962 OF Bonded

Then back to dusty Old Crow

Good night y'all

^^^^^Ohhhhhhh mannnnn.....the ER 101 is one I'm truly jealous of. Discontinued before I got into bourbon. I killed the last remaining bottle at the local bar with one of my colleagues.

I'm having a banner night myself still. Started with some Willett 23yr bourbon. This is my 4th pour from the bottle and it's really turning into something special. Right after opening, the oak was present in a subtle way on the back of the palate and on the finish. I actually didn't mind it. The barrel this came from was managed properly in the cold part of the rickhouse so the oak is not overpowering. Tonight though, the oak was even more in the background, almost not there. The whiskey was thick, creamy, buttery and viscous with a rich mouthfeel. It's kind of blowing my doors off. I know the Willett's can be tricky. I scored with this one.

I'm following it up with some WT101 8yr that I brought back from China. A more complex animal than the stateside WT 101 (Which I like).

It's a really good night.

Steve, what is the barrel# on the WFE 23? Recent gift shop bottle or store pick?

While out today I picked up a CEHT SB and thought I'd try it this evening. Before I opened it I was struck with the notion that I have another bottle of CEHT something in one of the cabinets that I purchased at least two years ago.

Pulled it out and wouldn't you know it's the same thing just a.couple of years older so I opened the older one....

Having some PVW20 to celebrate finally coming home from hospital with baby after wife gave birth on Tuesday. I finally cracked open some HHSSII so I plan on moving to that next. Fire going, chilly misty night, baby sleeping soundly by my side, wife conked out on couch, being home never felt so good...

Having some PVW20 to celebrate finally coming home from hospital with baby after wife gave birth on Tuesday. I finally cracked open some HHSSII so I plan on moving to that next. Fire going, chilly misty night, baby sleeping soundly by my side, wife conked out on couch, being home never felt so good...

Congrats on the new baby.

Congrats. Enjoy the pours when you can.

Accept my congratulations as well. I fondly recall the days my two came home for the first time. Now at the ages of 18 and 19 I'm looking somewhat forward to the days they leave to be on their own.

Best quote I've ever heard regarding children and it's held true " the days are long but the years are short"

Enjoy!

Congratulations on the new baby! What a wonderful Christmas (holiday) gift! It is great that you can enjoy your family (wife and child) and your home with a nice quiet quality pour! Enjoy the pour and this evening!

Congrats on your new baby you forgot to mention Boy or Girl!

Congrats on your new baby you forgot to mention Boy or Girl!

Beautiful sweet baby girl. Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Congrats! Just found out a few weeks ago we're going to be grandparents next summer. Can't wait to have a baby back in the family again. Enjoy yours!

Enjoying a a new bottle of SAOS tonight.

Happy Holidays!

a friend and I met at a bar next to the movie theater that Mrs Fox and her friend were in watching a movie, then we all met and went for dinner after a few drinks at that bar. This place is known for LARGE pours and cheap prices. I ordered a Bookers and was told they dont carry it anymore, so I looked over the bar for something 100+ proof that I hadnt had before. I spotted a Dant BIB, and since Id never had any, I went for that. Familiar HH profile, but seemingly thin for 100 proof to me. Once Mrs Fox and her friend showed up, I got a WT101, neat also. much better finish on the WT. Both were nice fat 2-3oz pours for under $5 each.

and, congrats DCBT!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.