What Beer Are a You Drinking? Fall 2014

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's Fall y'all! Great beer season this is. I'm relaxing out on the front swing this evening with a couple representatives from probably my favorite Brewery...Great Lakes of Cleveland, Ahiya. Oktoberfest and Dortmunder Gold. :yum:

Weather sucks so time for a big beer. Almost too sweet but a bite at the end. Just like a demon ... tempts you then shows it's true character.

5af93d1c20a75f2b1a2d112be9e0b92d.jpg

Edited by Ravensfire

Lakefront (Milwaukee) Oktoberfest for me tonight. Anyone familiar with the beers from Clown Shoes (Ipswich, Mass.)? Never had 'em but they're showing up all over around here and not sure which one to start with.

Lakefront (Milwaukee) Oktoberfest for me tonight. Anyone familiar with the beers from Clown Shoes (Ipswich, Mass.)? Never had 'em but they're showing up all over around here and not sure which one to start with.

CS Undead Party Crasher is a solid imperial stout. I had a howler of this about a month ago. I would definitely get it again. CS changed the name on this beer within the last year due to legalities.

Finally started growler fills in the county where I live October 1st. Got 64 oz of Evil Twin Love You With My Stout for the weekend.

CS Undead Party Crasher is a solid imperial stout. I had a howler of this about a month ago. I would definitely get it again. CS changed the name on this beer within the last year due to legalities.

Tonight is Bell's night at my house while I flip back and forth between the Michigan and Michigan State football games. I had an Oracle earlier and just finished a bottle of Mars. Next up, Black Note.

After some BT while working on dinner, some Stone Enjoy By 10/31/14 has kept me company while listening to the Cards on the radio (what idiot thought putting the game on MLB network was a good idea?) Every time this comes out, I immediately grab a bottle and have never been disappointed.

Some West Sixth IPA while watching UK get beat up by South Carolina.

:drinking:

Hopefully you didn't pass out before it was over, because I was busy drinking Velvet Merkin watching UK WINNING. :D

Hopefully you didn't pass out before it was over, because I was busy drinking Velvet Merkin watching UK WINNING. :D

Heh.

No, I made it until the end. But it was a wild game. A couple times there I thought they were done and it was all over. Great to see them beat Spurrier! :grin:

Loving the new Belgian style brewpub (Taxman) that opened near me. Today while watching the Colts take down the Current Baltimore Team, I enjoyed several Rodenbach Grand Cru pours, a Founder's Double Trouble and a House Dubbel aged in MGPI barrels. Plus a really good pub burger. Highly recommended if you are in the vicinity.

Loving the new Belgian style brewpub (Taxman) that opened near me. Today while watching the Colts take down the Current Baltimore Team, I enjoyed several Rodenbach Grand Cru pours, a Founder's Double Trouble and a House Dubbel aged in MGPI barrels. Plus a really good pub burger. Highly recommended if you are in the vicinity.

I haven't been to the brewpub, but I've tried a couple of their brews and I was pretty impressed.

I haven't been to the brewpub, but I've tried a couple of their brews and I was pretty impressed.

They have done a nice job spreading their wares around town even prior to opening the bricks and mortar location. They told me they were still servicing 90 retail outlets (mostly bars) while ramping up their brewpub.

Way too many Spaten Oktoberfests last night, along with too much Colonel EH Taylor Barrel Proof bourbon. Today was a long day.

Enjoying a Stone Stochasticity Project Hibiscusicity. Yeah, the name's a mouthful, but still refreshingly tasty. A lot less tart than most hibiscus beers that I've had. Actually slightly sweet.

By the way, congratulations to Richmond, VA. Stone Brewing just announced that their new East Coast brewery will be located in Richmond. In a few years, this should help alleviate some of the distribution problems for Stone beer getting out to many of you across the nation.

Zeelander IPA from Toppling Goliath on a recommendation from WAINWRIGHT. Damn good beer with the usual citrus flavors but also a nuttiness I haven't had before. It's a good thing it's only 5.5% ABV because this bomber is going down very quickly.

Had 2 different pumpkin beers. The Southern Tier Pumking I thought was overly sweet and overly spiced with cinnamon and clove. No balance at all.

Also had the Rogue Farms Pumpkin Patch Ale. The pumpkin is subtle, but sticks with you throughout the entire pour. There is a touch of cinnamon and it is really balanced. Definitely prefer the Rogue Farms over the Southern Tier.

Slowly enjoying an Avery 5 Monks "quintuple" Belgian while watching the ALCS. My usual spot surprised me by holding a pair of bottles so opening one early. Lots of alcohol (and at 19.4 it should be!) but definitely a Belgian. Nice now, should be great with some time.

Zeelander IPA from Toppling Goliath on a recommendation from WAINWRIGHT. Damn good beer with the usual citrus flavors but also a nuttiness I haven't had before. It's a good thing it's only 5.5% ABV because this bomber is going down very quickly.

Glad you liked it and I know I've blown through more than a few of them myself in record time.[emoji2]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.