What Beer Are a You Drinking? Fall 2014

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sam Adams Thirteenth Hour from the Barrel Room Collection. Though I generally don't like really dark porters and stouts, this one was easy to drink and had a real nice fruity note to it.

I've been exploring all the different options from a local craft brewer, Urban Legend, because I found out I used to work with the guy that started it. He gave up being a partner at a Chicago law firm to brew beer. Lucky bastard.

Starting the day early with some Great Divide Fresh Hops. After dealing with idiotic contractors (IT contractors), I need this.

Being an IPA freak I was really stoked to try this one. IMHO it's too sweet to drink more than one. Not a bad drink, but definitely not sessionable.

This is really different anyone try this c3014e600676f50a4de2a6da9eda0e7c.jpg

Yep. It's not as instantly likeable as the Mars was, but it grew on me. It was more tart and dry than I expected from a beer brewed with honey, but I enjoy it.

This is really different anyone try this

post-8493-14489821654606_thumb.jpg

Yep. It's not as instantly likeable as the Mars was, but it grew on me. It was more tart and dry than I expected from a beer brewed with honey, but I enjoy it.

I tried it last week as part of my Wednesday Tasting series and I didn't really care for it. The Apricot tasted more like a generic citrus note and it had kind of an off putting slightly sour/tart flavor with no real spice to it. I did not sense much from the honey either. Not one I would look to buy again and will likely try the rest of this series before buying.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Venus was terrible. Just stay away from the cardamom okay brewers?

ETA doubly disappointing bc Mars was fantastic.

Venus was terrible. Just stay away from the cardamom okay brewers?

ETA doubly disappointing bc Mars was fantastic.

I was overly impressed with Mars either but I admittedly am not a hop head! But even for a DIPA it just seemed rather average. I was hoping for more from the "malty backbone'.

Anchorage/jolly pumpkin collab. Calabaza Boreal.

Also tried an anchorage love buzz.

All wild/sour fermented on wood. And all f'n amazing.

Black Butte XXVI for me tonight. Might be overly sweet for my liking, as it's fresh. Probably will grab another to age for next year.

I agree, it is a lot sweeter than their previous Black Butte anniversary beers. Supposedly XXVI was brewed for the first time with pomegranate juice, which is where the overt sweetness comes from. XXVI is definitely sweeter, but I think it has a lot fewer rough edges.

Black Butte XXVI for me tonight. Might be overly sweet for my liking, as it's fresh. Probably will grab another to age for next year.

Crazy whale night: RR T25, Jackie O's Token of Our Extreme, BA Narwal, BA Solar Eclipse, HotD Adam From the Wood, LA Deliverance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.