Your favorite sub $20 sipper

thunderhead357
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been trying everything I can get my hands on and I've built myself a nice collection and now pretty much everything is just to save and my daily sippers are WT101 and OGD 114 I'm really wanting to try some good sub $20 that are really worth sipping I've seen people talking about heaven hill but I've never seen it in the store

I've yet to try Even Williams black but at $14 a bottle seems decent any suggestions?

OGD114 has jumped to $26 on these parts but I still love it. Staying strictly to the $20 limit I'd have to go with either OGD or EW BIB for $16-$17 bottle. Both solid.

Always depends on whats available in your area and of course your dealers pricing but I can still get these for under $20:

AAA 10*

EWBIB

OGDBIB

4RLB

RITTBIB

WT101

And I might add they are also some of my favorites.

Tons of good stuff at less than $20. My favorites for 750 mL sizes are:

- Wild Turkey 101

- Wild Turkey 81

- Dant BIB and EW BIB - less than $13 here

- Four Roses Yellow - the best 80 proofer out there for my money

- Fighting Cock

- Evan Williams 1783 (the standard Black label is good too)

- Mellow Corn BIB

- Old Forester 86 proof

My local store has Larceny at $19.99 right now, or $35.99 for 1.75.

It's been getting poured quite often at my house.

I tend to rotate between EC12, OGD114, and Larceny, but at the moment only Larceny meets the under $20 specification.

When I want a sub $20 sipper I go to these two choices; OGD BIB, and Old Ezra 101. Just picked up a bottle of OGD last night actually, and will be my pour tonight.

Very few of what I've seen listed is actually sub $20 in my parts. Around here for less than $20 I can usually get VOB bib and Fighting Cock, and hallelujah, EW BIB is now finally carried here.

We have OGD114 around here for just over $20. Another I like is JB Black 8yo for around $18. Very good for the price.

found EW BIB (white) looking forward to trying it tonight, 13.99 a bottle WT and OGD114 are both around 23 a bottle

that said I also picked up another OGD114

I'm a big fan of EW Single Barrel. Unfortunately it's long gone, but AAA 10 yr was a great sub 20 sipper.

EW BIB is my "everyday" drink at just 12 bucks a bottle around here. I'd definitely recommend seeing if any of the Heaven Hill bonded bourbons are available in your area and give it a try.

Edit: Just noticed you bought a bottle. Enjoy! Impossible bourbon to beat at that price.

Edited by Xevious

I'm a big fan of EW Single Barrel. Unfortunately it's long gone, but AAA 10 yr was a great sub 20 sipper.

I was also going to mention EW single barrel. Local store has it at $19.98. That's pretty much the only sub $20 that I sip. Maybe fighting cock and VOB BIB but can't get the latter in GA. BT is close enough to $20

Four Roses Yellow Label. Also, EC12, which I can get for $18.99 out the door on occasion.

Wow, great price on the EC12. I'd drink the hell out of it for that price

Around these parts, the best I can do in Bourbon for $20 is WT101 (adjusted from L to 750), EW BiB (at the 3 bottle price) and Costco 7 YO. JBB 6YO may also fit the criteria at the airport as well. In general Bourbon prices are the incline, but you can still find a few reasonable deals. Wish I could get 1.75s but the only one I have seen recently is JBW.

found EW BIB (white) looking forward to trying it tonight, 13.99 a bottle WT and OGD114 are both around 23 a bottle

that said I also picked up another OGD114

having vacationed in MI and driven south-north-south through the state, I have a ballpark idea of what you guys get and dont get. So, If I were living in your region, Ezra 101 would be my first pick, and Larceny the second.

Im surprised to see all the Ezra 101 recommendations above, it seems to be rather obscure here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.