What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

41 pounds??? Good work man!! Keep it up!

I salute your effort with my '14 Handy.

Thanks. I meet at the local hospital every week for my weight program. Nothing but powdered shakes, powdered soup and granola bars for 10 weeks. It sucks but it clearly works for me. But it sure was nice to have bourbon and beer again.

Had the same thing last night but a hefty pour. Got the crud yesterday and unlike others I need a high proof to see me through it. Well at least I've convinced Mrs TT

CEHT BP, aka, Crud Eliminating Hi Test - Blood Pressure lowering formula.

Had pour of PHC POH. I really enjoy this stuff.

Agreed, really good stuff, not sure why it didn't get more love from everyone.

I'm glad it kind of went under the radar because I was able to get two bottles for retail in July. I couldn't find it around the release time and I agree, it's very good stuff.

That's the risk you take with single barrel products. Mine had sort of a mouth burning Listerine thing going on until I accidentally left the top off for a week. After that it was absolutely delicious. One of the best bourbons I've ever tasted. All apple pie and holiday spices. Bottle level was about the same, so I don't think I really lost much abv from the bottle . . .

That's the risk you take with single barrel products. Mine had sort of a mouth burning Listerine thing going on until I accidentally left the top off for a week. After that it was absolutely delicious. One of the best bourbons I've ever tasted. All apple pie and holiday spices. Bottle level was about the same, so I don't think I really lost much abv from the bottle . . .

I may have to try that cap off the bottle thing. Lol

I accidentally left the top off for a week. After that it was absolutely delicious.

that sums up OGD114 for me.......

A little OWA after watching the Cats put down the Cards. Life is good.

:shithappens:. I absolutely despise the one-and-done mentality in college sports, but sadly, it works.....if you only count number of victories as a quantifier of success

on topic, polished off a Bookers 2013-7 when filling a flask for a concert. Took the opportunity to do a SBS with that and a 2014-6 bottle when topping it off. Couldnt tell much difference between the two.

I dont often finish bottles off, but when I do it seems to be multiples at once. I guess I go through them at equal rates. This week it's been a HH6BIB, a HH6/90, a Booker's, a WTRB, and will be a HHBIB gold tomorrow likely. The recycling guys will think we had one hell of a party.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

I don't know either, but I'm glad it did because that allowed me to put a few away. I absolutely love the stuff.

On topic: the night is young and it begins with '14 OFBB.

SB Blend tonight, not hitting the spot for some reason. Thinking about switching to something else, or just calling it quits for tonight.. Drained too many bottles over the last few weeks, maybe my body's telling me to pump the brakes.

Had to sample some recent acquisitions, which included an OESF and a private OWA selection. Liked both well enough that having to plan a second trip out to pick up more tomorrow!

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by greatgoo viewpost-right.png

Had pour of PHC POH. I really enjoy this stuff.

.quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Tony viewpost-right.png

I'm glad it kind of went under the radar because I was able to get two bottles for retail in July. I couldn't find it around the release time and I agree, it's very good stuff.
Edited by B.B. Babington

Booker's and KC while at a Steely Dan cover band show with some good friends. good to know good music isnt totally dead yet.

So...if you can't remeber whether it was four or five then maybe the timeout was a good idea? :grin:

Nah, I just should've rounded up:skep:... and poured 5 fingers. :grin:

Going back to the Baker's tonight, as I've been away from the Beam profile for a while and this seems to be firing on all cylinders.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!