What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It is a barrel selected by Bill Dowell aka The Wood Guy. He is a carpenter by trade with a military background and a great nose for bourbon. He and Doug go back a ways and are good friends. I bet they spent 40 plus hours taking notes and sampling these barrels. From 18 barrels at the distillery to 5 take home samples and ultimately 2 that they selected.

There were two barrels yielding 314 bottles. Bill took half and we are selling the rest. 8 year old barrel strength. Only 50 or so bottles remain after only 3 days.

Very nice. I assume it's quite a tasty pour. Wish I lived close enough to pick up a bottle!

Keeping it basic and low proof with ETL and 4R SmB. The day before New Years Eve I went overboard at a tasting, specifically by tasting a fair number of barrel proof whiskeys to the point that I burned out my taste buds. I haven't been normal for days as a result with most bourbons simply tasting off, or not like much at all. So, I've been laying off a bit to let everything recover and if I drink anything, it's only low proof.

A small pour of EWSB last night, usually one of my favorite value pours, but it just tasted bland to me last night. Followed it up with the John J. Bowman and that really hit the sweet spot.

Had some OFBB2014 last night. Good stuff. Not worth the hunt, and I am not even sure if I would pick up another bottle for $60. I think OF100 would do just fine instead.

Very nice. I assume it's quite a tasty pour. Wish I lived close enough to pick up a bottle!

I'll take it your name has nothing to do with your current location.

Working Blanton's very hard tonight and it is working good.

4eye - take it from an old man, it's the job

It's turkey season at my house, so I'm carrying on with the 110 proof LB select, RR once again tonight. What do they say?...if it ain't broke...

A pour of BT. I usually enjoy its dry character, but I'm pining for some oak tonight. Should have bought ER10 tonight instead of BT. Might have to dip into my bottle of EC12.

BF I recommend Bourbon, Straight, you've earned it.

Dr. Squire is busy tonight, lots of prescriptions being handed out. Though I have complained of no afflictions, I shall nonetheless take your advice and treat myself with some bourbon straight, just to be safe you know, so I don't come down with anything. I was going to cheap out and go generic, but decided to chase a name brand so Elmer T Lee it is.

Tonight, I started out with some WSR while watching the Heels drop a heartbreaker to the Fighting Irish, then a healthy pour of Michter's Toasted Barrel to drown my sorrows, followed by some Glengoyne 1996 LE (Single Malt) to mellow out.

Over the recent holiday period it was 4RSmb, EC12, Redbreast, and 4R125 over various days at various times. back on my regularly scheduled programming this week. Haven't yet decided on the next pour.

Been a slow start to the winter bourbon season, but have had some ETL, Weller 12 & 4 Roses Single Barrel, my first bottle of this & it will not be my last, really good stuff.

Had a generous pour of the OESO barrel pick we did last Spring for the Georgia Bourbon Society... YUM!!! Helped me recover from an afternoon dental procedure :bigeyes: (Boooooo).

Shared some OWA, just a super basic bourbon taste, very solid. Came home and enjoying some MWND.

Just in from the Cats close escape of the Rebels, and had to reach for the SB Blend. Boy, that was a close call!

Gonna be cold as... well, you know... the rest of the week. Stay warm out there, and don't forget to carry your flasks! :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!