What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Of late, I've been working on a LB select HM BIB. Just a fantastic whiskey, and thankfully, still at a fair price.

=Kalessin;464331

Unwinding with OGD114 on rocks tonight, and it looks like a lot of SB.com people have been enjoying this same bourbon lately. I'm sad I can't find it for $21/bottle anymore...

how much is it there now? I havent seen any price hikes on any variation of OGD.....yet

Had to break out some ETL a little earlier than normal after the details of this Foles trade came down. Awful trade. Good whiskey.

Crazy day in the NFL. Never seen anything like it. Not sure if I should be celebrating the Jimmy Graham trade to Seattle. I love having him on the team, but boy did it cost a lot. I'm celebrating/pondering with a pour of Bookers followed by Stagg Jr. batch 3 with a little OC8. Great night for the whiskey.

Starting the afternoon right. Just opened WTKS (Lots of vanilla up front) Bottled 9 / 29 / 10 Barrel no 69 Rick no 33 Warehouse E, 101 proof. beautiful legging on the glass. hints of licorice alcohol not too overpowering. Very nice bourbon.

Edited by R-Savage

Crazy day in the NFL. Never seen anything like it. Not sure if I should be celebrating the Jimmy Graham trade to Seattle. I love having him on the team, but boy did it cost a lot. I'm celebrating/pondering with a pour of Bookers followed by Stagg Jr. batch 3 with a little OC8. Great night for the whiskey.

Seems like a good trade to me for the Seahawks. That guy is an animal.

Contemplating some Stagg Jr batch 3 tonight. I have one but havent tried it yet. I'm a big fan of batch 2.

Seattle is in win-now mode and rightfully so. This is why it is so great to draft a QB wisely, if they are good off the bat they are dirt cheap during that rookie deal, which opens the door to spending that money elsewhere. Next year will be interesting for them when Wilson is a FA.

Edited by dcbt

Had a nice pour of Weller 12-yr. A bit more wood/char than I love; but still a very nice dram.

I expect to vat the remainder of this 750 (nearly full) with a full OWA to replenish my SB Blend in a few days, after another pour or two of the 12.

GBS ECBP 15 yr while sitting outside on a wonderful Springlike evening. Glad to see a run of warm temps coming through!

ECBP-128-GBS Style: the "Amnesia Barrel". Damn good pick GBS!!!

Been drinking HMKENNA SB while taking a few days vacation in Hot Springs VA and am down about to the bottom. Also tasted some JJBOWMAN today after a scenic drive to Fredericksburg and the A Bowman Distillery. Amazing that the place is ran by 8 people including the tour guides!

Couple pours of Russell's Reserve earlier but I decided to change it up with a glass of Two James Spirit's Johnny Smoking Gun

oye0z4w.png

Drinking a few pours of newly acquired Beam bonded. It goes remarkably well with the Merle Haggard and Hank Jr. I have spinning on the Hi-Fi. For full disclosure I have never met a bonded bourbon that I did not become fast friends with so this is not a total shocker but I want to officially welcome Fred Noe's product to my cabinet. It is well received and it will be bought again in the future.

Haven't contributed to this thread in awhile, so I'll just name drop a few that I've been enjoying lately:

OGD114

KC & KCSB

FRSmB and FRSB

Evan Williams Bonded

Makers 46

... and of course... lots of EWB. :cool:

porch party and cookout with friends to celebrate the weather. a foot of snow last week, and 70 today. I figured my stash of HH6BIB I keep over there had to be getting low, so I took a new one over there with me. Good thing too, there was one pour left, so I had that and left a full one for next time.

Started with Bowman Brothers, then Willet Pot Still. Decided that was enough for the NDP crowd so finished on Bookers.

FINALLY enjoying some 4RSB. My palate has been way off and the last few tries at this one have tasted like rye mint and nothing else - clearly missing the other components. It was not enjoyable.

For whatever reason, it works tonight and is a beautiful thing. I think I'm going in for a second pour while the gettin' is good.

Couple pours of Russell's Reserve earlier but I decided to change it up with a glass of Two James Spirit's Johnny Smoking Gun

oye0z4w.png

GyvO8ii.png

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!