What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OF Signature, just trying to narrow down the open selection since it's all getting packed up and moved in a month.

Typically, if I'm making steak and eggs on Sunday morning, I'm drinking a wheater with it. Today I decided to rock the boat and opened a fresh bottle of Gallenstein OBSK. Good choice

Booker's 2013-6 and JIM Beam Bonded. Going back forth between the two.

So JB Bonded is a chaser? Smart man.

Winwood Georgia Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Since I don't think I can ever replace it I don't drink it often. Very tasty....

OGD BIB from a handle - just checking to see if'n it tastes different than OGD BIB 750. So far, no difference.

Back to testing.:searching:

5dc494c0f1d803a5ec84f04163c9231b.jpg

Eagle Rare to accompany some big ol' Costco ribeyes for me and the wife.

Looking very good!

My wife and I went out with my buddy and his wife on Saturday evening and we decided to hit a spot I've been wanting to hit for months. We went to The Crunkleton in Chapel Hill. Oh man....I could do a lot of damage to my bank account in there. I wanted to try a couple of bourbons that I've been just chomping at the bit to try, but could never find, and they have several. I tried to keep it in the "reasonable-ish for one drink" range, since the wife was with me, so I went with:

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof ($20 per pour)

Colonel EH Taylor Barrel Proof ($18 per pour)

All I have to say is....for those of you who have access to these 2 wonderful whiskeys on a regular basis.....I hate you all. Wow. Now I want them at home even more.

Came close to trying WLW for the first time, but it was somewhere in the $40-$48 range, if I remember correctly, so I passed.

Not bourbon, but a glass of Masterson's Wheat. If I recall this wasn't greatly recieved but I don't find it all that bad.

5dc494c0f1d803a5ec84f04163c9231b.jpg

Eagle Rare to accompany some big ol' Costco ribeyes for me and the wife.

Ahhh Yes. BBQ season is upon us .Looking Great! Rib Eyes are my favorite cut for a steak. Great Job.

Ahhh Yes. BBQ season is upon us .Looking Great! Rib Eyes are my favorite cut for a steak. Great Job.

Thanks! I'm a big fan of the Costco steak, they cut 'em 1 3/4" inches thick and carry USDA prime grade for when you want to splurge. These were normal choice grade, but were awesome.

Just had the perfect Monday Morning Beverage. Bourbon and Coffee. :coffeedrinker:

Was at the Big Ten basketball tournament this weekend with three other whiskey drinking buddies, so we all brought bottles for the hotel. More ORVW got consumed than anything else (one of my contributions), but we also had the Parker's Heritage Wheat Whiskey, 4R SB, EC12, EWSB ('98), a blend of BT Single Oak Project offerings, a Balvenie Double Oaked, some sort of Highlands Scotch and Yamazaki 12 year. Plus some Blanton's, Bookers and some Jameson's while out and about on the town. So yeah, a pretty wide range.

Just got home from work and enjoying some WT101. I think I will follow up with StaggJr and stay with the spicy stuff tonight.

I was craving a wheater, so I went with W12. A nice, but to be short lived, break from my rye whiskey and heavy rye bourbon diet.

SAOS BP bourbon at something like 122 proof and 8 years of age. nice one...

Last night a bit of my sb blend 2:1 W12. I feel safer drinking it now that W12 is back on the market and OWA is making its comeback. Then tonight some EC12. I just keep going back to my favorites.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, but the night started with Springbank 12 Year Cask Strength (50.3% abv.) I needed a bourbon fix.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!