What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with my second attempt at the OF 1870 Original Batch. First taste was downright disappointing. This taste was much better. Has some of the elements I love in OF, but still has some of the elements I dislike in WR which came out late in the pour (the metallic part). Maybe my palate will continue to get worn down by this one and I'll come around fully.

Followed up with one I know I like to satisfy the palate - ER10.

I feel safer drinking it now that W12 is back on the market and OWA is making its comeback.

Next stop, the ETL recovery.

I had some Booker's last night followed by some MMCS and the MMCS was flavorless and hot in comparison. Booker's really is an incredible pour.

Having had my fill of Irish on Saturday, decided to break in my new Glencairn with some GTS.

post-7689-14489822128936_thumb.jpg

Thanks again to the fabulous gents of the GBS!

post-7689-14489822128936_thumb.jpg

wasn't sure what i wanted tonight ... saw two bottles in the closet i thought would marry well.

i love it! mixed at 50/50, set for an hour. i've set 100 mL aside to try again in a week, and 100 mL to deliver to my store guy. this is delicious, now if only i had two full bottles of this juice to mix together!post-11356-14489822129483_thumb.jpg

wasn't sure what i wanted tonight ... saw two bottles in the closet i thought would marry well.

i love it! mixed at 50/50, set for an hour. i've set 100 mL aside to try again in a week, and 100 mL to deliver to my store guy. this is delicious, now if only i had two full bottles of this juice to mix together![ATTACH=CONFIG]20458[/ATTACH]

This sounds interesting, I have two bottles of Batch 6, and I have some EC12 and should be able to get some more locally. I might put a little mix away for a rainy day.

SB HHSS#1. This bourbon continues to amaze me, still can't believe the finish!

Had a EWSB 2003 when I got home. Settling down now on the patio to watch my Alma mater (North Florida) play in their first ever NCAA Tourney game with a JJ Bowman. Have an excellent store select OBSK on deck to celebrate the win.

Go Ospreys. The town has been buzzing.

Jon Halter? Is this the UNF Rugby Jon Halter, or just a funny coincidence?

33 yr old former soccer player (non collegiate) and went to FSU Jon Halter. How interesting would it be to reconnect with someone on a bourbon forum?

33 yr old former soccer player (non collegiate) and went to FSU Jon Halter. How interesting would it be to reconnect with someone on a bourbon forum?

How about any forum.:cool:

Ha! Close. Would have been funny. Anyway, looked at your profile. The OBSK is from Market Liquor in Tally. Great place.

Larceny for me tonight after work. It's really hitting the spot tonight. I had a pour a few days ago, and it seemed off. Must have been me I reckon. And so it goes. It's all good now.

Cheers! Joe

Red, Ill join you. Havent poured any 114 in awhile. Its always tasty, so Ill have to get reacquainted.

Had a EWSB 2003 when I got home. Settling down now on the patio to watch my Alma mater (North Florida) play in their first ever NCAA Tourney game with a JJ Bowman. Have an excellent store select OBSK on deck to celebrate the win.
t

No kidding, NCAA tournament?? Class of '93 here.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!