What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WT101 again. I swear I had not had this for 20yrs until last week. Much, much better than I remembered.

WT101 again. I swear I had not had this for 20yrs until last week. Much, much better than I remembered.

Just opened dust and had for my first time tonight. Very good juice! Will be picking up more of this soon.

same here, WT101 for the first time tonight and am absolutely loving it! especially at the price point. had RR small batch too and didn't like it quite as much.

At Christmas, a couple of my wife's relatives asked me for a "short" course on bourbon. They went home with a BT and a Bernheim. Today, I got a 750 of HH White label (the 80 proof) they sent me. Basic HH's are hard to find here in WDC. So, I'm having trouble NOT finishing it all tonight.

Edit: Not really, but I do like it.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Clarification.

Harry, at 80 proof, you just might be able to finish it in a night.

I started the night with Jameson 18 (we're a day behind on our celebration) to go with some homemade Shepherd's Pie and Irish Soda Bread. Haven't had this one in a long time. Not bad, but a little grainy for me, which just goes to confirm that my heart lies with Kentucky bourbon. (Or Indiana). I satisfied my palate with a follow up of OF1870. It's not my favorite, but it is growing on me. I'm sort of in a "power through the bottle" mode with it but may find myself liking it enough to slow down and ponder. Funny how that works. This guarantees that the last pour will be the best.

Don't encourage me, Steve. But, I will admit that I reached the top of the big green HH.

Finally broke into a bottle of Booker's 2014-6. It was a little tight and just giving a hint of what will come after being open for a while.

Some of my "house blend" 2 pts 4RYL. 1pt WT101, 1pt W12. Shared some with a co-worker and since its been a few months since I had some I needed a refresher, still good, still my house blend and at avg. sub 18.00 a bottle? LOVE IT.

Decided to pour al little Noah's Mill tonight. I put it on the back burner for a while, but it's pretty good.

I've been enjoying the NCAA tourney. Kicked it off with HM BIB and moved on to WTKS. Kentucky Select that is!

Usually don't pour after 8pm on a work night, but the AAA 10-Star was calling. Not sure what I like better at this price point - just a nice, sweet pour with enough of a rough edge to suit my fancy :yum:

A super healthy pour of ECBP after hearing some bad news today. 140 proof never went down so easy.

We're there to listen if you need to talk about it, ccleve. In the meantime glad you found a little barrel-aged comfort.

WT101 for me after staring at all my open bottles for too long and having an unusual amount of trouble deciding. Came down to the color of the cap on the handle. Is ending up a good choice.

4R 125th (2014 LE sm B)

with milk chocolate almond bark from The Fudge Pot in Old Town (Chicago)

Edited by bigtoys

4RSiB. Some nights this bottle comes off too minty for me which is a turn off. Some nights it's juuuust right. Tonight's one of the latter nights so I'm on my second pour.

2nd to last gasp of a 4R 2013 LE SB. I have 1/2 pour left for next time. Enjoyed every sip of this last night.

Tried the Bowman Vanilla Bean finish last night.

Wan't too bad. Just a hint of vanilla, nothing like the Red Stags of the world.

Not necessary, but an interesting experiment. Makes a good Manhattan.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!