Possible insights from Heaven Hill in the near term?

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And that's *without* dropping age statements!

I wonder if the success of the CEHT label is draining some better barrels from ER?

I'm skeptical too, which is why I initially posted the rumor here. I figured if it's actually out on shelves, as this picture indicates, someone on this board would have likely seen it. Out of focus pictures posted on the internet always raise a red flag regardless of the topic.

Someone in a FB group for Michigan American Whiskey fans claimed that it was taken in a bar in Ann Arbor, but I remain skeptical.

Ironically, I would probably like EC and ECBP better if HH knocked a few years off of their age. But I think it best for us to give the distillery a chance to answer the email.

+1.

an EC10 might have a chance of coming home with me.

I wonder if the success of the CEHT label is draining some better barrels from ER?
That is the general consensus, yes. Which explains why I like EHT Single Barrel so much.

+1.

an EC10 might have a chance of coming home with me.

I'll see your EC10 and raise you an ECBP8. I think that would be an amazing pour.

I could see Heaven Hill doing this. After all, they did recently add Evan Williams 12 year red label in the Louisville gift shop for $130 - the same bottle that is $21 in Japan.

I REALLY hope this doesn't come to pass. EC12 and ECBP are two of the most perfect bourbons on my palate.

I REALLY hope this doesn't come to pass. EC12 and ECBP are two of the most perfect bourbons on my palate.

Agreed 100%, if it's not broke don't fix it!

Wouldn't that new label need to be cleared with the TTB? I was under the impression something like that would be. If not, I would appreciate some education!

I believe minor label changes (moving 12 from front to back) are allowed without new approval so long as the modification doesn't alter the character of that previously presented.

Yes, and if they're listening, we surely can't accuse them of following so many others lead in dropping an age statement... but still leaving a prominent number on the label.

I convinced myself of this as well. Here's to hoping that glass stays half full.

I'm trying to be optimistic too. I might grab one or two extra at some point but I'm not about to go raid any stores certainly. If they do eventually drop the age, it's no big deal if they can maintain the profile — however, I worry because it seems to me that so much of the profile of EC12 comes from the age. It's my favorite oak forward bourbon that's easy to find.

I believe minor label changes (moving 12 from front to back) are allowed without new approval so long as the modification doesn't alter the character of that previously presented.

Thanks for the information, squire. Looking through the labels in the database, most of the changes seem pretty minor. It's interesting that they didn't do it for this one.

I'll see your EC10 and raise you an ECBP8. I think that would be an amazing pour.

that, i might just buy! as far as the 12 year BP, they can keep their pureed termites.

...they can keep their pureed termites.

If that's in my Bourbon, I'm going back to Vodka.

As for my two cents, I'm fine with them removing the age statement as long as they keep the profile. Now if they bring back the age statement a few years down the road as a limited fall release, then we have another issue.

Someone in a FB group for Michigan American Whiskey fans claimed that it was taken in a bar in Ann Arbor, but I remain skeptical.

I just did a double-take--I initially read this as "Michigan-American whiskey fans," as though y'all are some sort of marginalized or noble-but-historically-abused group. Though now that I think about it...

On topic, I'm just not a huge fan of EC of any iteration, though like most others, I hate to see age statements of *any* KSBW be dropped or clearly threatened.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.