EH Taylor Cured Oak

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, they let us proletariats purchase the almost all the BTAC (besides WLW, I think), so whatevs.

'Cuz that one's wheated. As you know wheated bourbon is the holy grail of bourbon.

After reading your post this morning, I checked their website, and there it was... available to add to my shopping basket.

I quickly placed an order, then waited to get the email.

After waiting a few hours, I called and was informed that my order would not be filled, as they didn't have the item.

A few minutes later, I got the cancellation notice.

What's funny is, they didn't bother to update the inventory error, and it now shows available again.

Same thing happened to me with the AECS with TW online. They actually called and said there's one in the system but they have to track it down. Few hours later, they never could find it so order cancelled. I still got an email to review my purchase ha

I'm not sure if it's universal, but at the Total Wine stores in Maryland, that translates to "This was received and placed in inventory by a regular employee, but then a manager noticed they got some in and pulled it out of inventory to offer to on premise/other special clients/friends/family." Not trying to start another complaining session, just stating what I've found based on my experience with TW.

I agree. I had this happen with ECBP I tried to purchase from them.

I agree. I had this happen with ECBP I tried to purchase from them.

Total Wine by me said they got no Pappy this year. Oh Really? I mean Total Wine! Maybe it went to "on premise/other special clients/friends/family"

Total Wine by me said they got no Pappy this year. Oh Really? I mean Total Wine! Maybe it went to "on premise/other special clients/friends/family"

I tried three times to buy the ECBP from their website. They accepted my order each time then cancelled it a day later. Very annoying.

I'm letting everyone know that I cleaned up this thread. This is Straightbourbon. This isn't Reddit, or any of the other trading and selling sites. We don't allow posts advertising bottles for sale or trade. Even hinting, or kidding about trading or selling bottles here is frowned on. We've had a lot of new members come on board lately, so if any of you have any questions, please refer to the links below. If y'all haven't read them before, you should have. One more thing, consider this your warning. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm just trying to keep things in line with our forum rules.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?17704-SB-com-Rules-User-Agreement

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?18923-UPDATE-Welcome-And-Helpful-Hints-For-New-Members

Joe

To make matters even worse, the Total Wine that cancelled my order told me a different location had some Cured Oak in stock.

(It was actually the location I normally shop at, very close to my office). I gave them a call, and was initially told they would hold their lone bottle for me.

Then I got a call from the manager who said it was behind the counter, but would go to the first person to ask for it.

I was working from home (an hour away), so I called a coworker, who immediately went to pick it up.

When she got there, the bottle behind the counter turned out to be CEHT Small Batch.

I give up...

When she got there, the bottle behind the counter turned out to be CEHT Small Batch.

I give up...

Unreal. At this point, I simply don't trust anyone or anything when it comes to this hobby. A store employee, a website, whatever. Not unless I am in a store, holding a bottle, do I feel that I will end up with anything limited.

I am sure I won't see any of the Cured Oak. Several months ago, I came across three bottles of the EHT Barrel Proof 129pf. Fortunately, I bought two of the three bottles. Unfortunately, I didn't buy the third, and the next night, it was gone. Haven't seen a bottle since. It simply reinforced for me the buy all you can first, think about it later mantra.

Keep 'em on the straight and narrow, Joe! :D

To make matters even worse, the Total Wine that cancelled my order told me a different location had some Cured Oak in stock.

(It was actually the location I normally shop at, very close to my office). I gave them a call, and was initially told they would hold their lone bottle for me.

Then I got a call from the manager who said it was behind the counter, but would go to the first person to ask for it.

I was working from home (an hour away), so I called a coworker, who immediately went to pick it up.

I give up...

..they got my hopes up...TW Arlington was even worse...I might as well write this one off...it's been painful trying to track down...Hoping the madness dies down...I doubt it.

Dang, and I thought it was sad when Old Yeller died...

Both of my dealers told me yesterday they wouldn't get a single bottle, no great loss.

While it would have been good to find a bottle at MSRP, it was also pretty pleasant to sit this one out, in a way.

Received a new play toy today! :cool:

post-8493-14489822268448_thumb.jpg

Sadly, it was empty. :frown:

just found out 30 bottles are on there way to Louisiana! will they make the shelves? no they will not. i was told the distributor is limiting one bottle per store that qualifies to get it.

Just lucked into one. Slow day at work = browsing liquor stores online, and every now and then you find something.

The OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) price list for May was just posted, and it's on there. Price will be $73.40.

I have inquired with several stores in Michigan. Most were rude and seemed irritated that I asked for it.

The OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) price list for May was just posted, and it's on there. Price will be $73.40.

I saw that, too. Not sure when it's going to actually show up in stores...The guy at the store I asked about it yesterday was kind of a d*ck towards me. All I wanted to know was if he knew whether that store was getting any...

Time to camp out on the inventory search page...

I thought I was going to get a bottle today. They were listed in inventory, I went to the store and no luck, all gone. I don't think I will see it as MSRP again, not in MD.

I have inquired with several stores in Michigan. Most were rude and seemed irritated that I asked for it.

because they're getting 15 calls a day for the last 3 weeks and are over it. lol

I showed up at two stores that showed it as in stock only to learn that they were special ordered and on hold. While somewhat frustrating to have made a trip, it was nice to see that at least special order items are not just handed out to whoever walks through the door.

I think my area got two bottles that weren't special ordered.

Edited by jackthedog

Just for you guys that haven't seen the box they came in, this just showed up on my front door today.(Thanks!!) No it wasn't full....!

post-10789-14489822273189_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822271586_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822272211_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822272738_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822271586_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822272211_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822272738_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489822273189_thumb.jpg

Edited by dSculptor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.