EH Taylor Cured Oak

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

AZ only got 7 cases according to the distributor. One store manager said his rep told him all of the bottles are going to on-premise accounts. None of the stores I've called have seen any so far, so it may be true. So much for that ... :rolleyes:

AZ only got 7 cases according to the distributor. One store manager said his rep told him all of the bottles are going to on-premise accounts. None of the stores I've called have seen any so far, so it may be true. So much for that ... :rolleyes:

Heard the same thing here in GA. A few apparently made their way to stores, but the push was to get them into the bars.

Wow I honestly had no idea the demand would be so high and the quantity would be so low. I feel like I hit the lottery locating my bottles.

Since my usual guy told me he was likely getting cut out on this, I had to resort to some contacts in the Evil Empire (Specs).

Yesterday I got a call from a manager who informed me my bottle was ready for pickup.

The only problem was, he was in Houston and I'm in the DFW area.

Turns out one of the Dallas stores is #150, and this Houston store is #15. Apparently they had several bottles held for people in Dallas.

He called me back today to tell me they are having the vendor bring them to Dallas and I'll get another call when they arrive.

Maybe they aren't so evil after all...

I think its a great idea. Lets say its an LE and would never hit the shelf, this way several customers that would otherwise never even see it can try it and while the LE may not be available others from the line are very likely on the shelf. The curiosity issue of "how wonderful IS that unicorn LE?" is settled and if the tasting was a positive experience for the customer they will very likely purchase a bottle from the line that IS available. The store establishes a relationship and a customer explores a brand/line they may not have previously considered, in short a win-win.

I love this idea too!

Since my usual guy told me he was likely getting cut out on this, I had to resort to some contacts in the Evil Empire (Specs).

Yesterday I got a call from a manager who informed me my bottle was ready for pickup.

The only problem was, he was in Houston and I'm in the DFW area.

Turns out one of the Dallas stores is #150, and this Houston store is #15. Apparently they had several bottles held for people in Dallas.

He called me back today to tell me they are having the vendor bring them to Dallas and I'll get another call when they arrive.

Maybe they aren't so evil after all...

They flat out told me no. Sucks!

Just speculation but looks like Kentucky, Arkansas, and Kansas are set to receive cured oak next. NY still has a ways to go.

Just speculation but looks like Kentucky, Arkansas, and Kansas are set to receive cured oak next. NY still has a ways to go.

Kentucky is gone.......................I struck out

Kentucky is gone.......................I struck out

Thanks for letting me know. It seemed like they were following the pappy release schedule posted in bourbonr blog.

There goes that theory!

One store on 7 mile and Farmington said they received two bottles already (but already sold), but every other store that I have talked to said it won't be received in Michigan for another two weeks.

Hope I get lucky and find somebody with one.

sheer luck....stopped by Total Wine here in north Dallas after work not expecting anything. I had given up on Cured Oak already, but there it was. One lonely bottle not even tagged with a price. Not going to lie, my heart kind of skipped a beat

sheer luck....stopped by Total Wine here in north Dallas after work not expecting anything. I had given up on Cured Oak already, but there it was. One lonely bottle not even tagged with a price. Not going to lie, my heart kind of skipped a beat

Well?? Did ya', huh, did ya? :grin: I hope you bought it, and hope you enjoy it. :cool:

Well?? Did ya', huh, did ya? :grin: I hope you bought it, and hope you enjoy it. :cool:

Maybe you're joking and it totally went over my head, but of course I got it lol. This one I'm not sure of when I'll open, and I locked it up in the safe! Plus, I've got a cold currently...

Maybe you're joking and it totally went over my head, but of course I got it lol. This one I'm not sure of when I'll open, and I locked it up in the safe! Plus, I've got a cold currently...

Hurry up and trade it to the masses that will give up a first born for it. It's not bad, but it's certainly not worthy of the hype. People will line up to trade you a GTS + _ for it. If you keep it - when you finally crack it - you will be very disappointed you didn't trade it when the hype was through the roof. Again it's not bad, and probably worth the msrp, but people are out of their minds right now.

Hurry up and trade it to the masses that will give up a first born for it. It's not bad, but it's certainly not worthy of the hype. People will line up to trade you a GTS + _ for it. If you keep it - when you finally crack it - you will be very disappointed you didn't trade it when the hype was through the roof. Again it's not bad, and probably worth the msrp, but people are out of their minds right now.
I take it that it already came and went in Maryland?

I take it that it already came and went in Maryland?

I thought it was on the Mont county site for a solid day. I think it has come and gone.

Good. Not great. Saying it is the best in the EH Taylor lineup is not very high praise in my opinion.

I've got a cold currently...

Best thing for a cold is multipile pours of bourbon and rye. :grin:

I have not seen it in MD yet. Tried it in KY. Good. Not great. Saying it is the best in the EH Taylor lineup is not very high praise in my opinion.
Yeah, I arranged a sample swap so that I get to try it. I think that'll be plenty for me.

After reading your post this morning, I checked their website, and there it was... available to add to my shopping basket.

I quickly placed an order, then waited to get the email.

After waiting a few hours, I called and was informed that my order would not be filled, as they didn't have the item.

A few minutes later, I got the cancellation notice.

What's funny is, they didn't bother to update the inventory error, and it now shows available again.

After reading your post this morning, I checked their website, and there it was... available to add to my shopping basket.

I quickly placed an order, then waited to get the email.

After waiting a few hours, I called and was informed that my order would not be filled, as they didn't have the item.

A few minutes later, I got the cancellation notice.

What's funny is, they didn't bother to update the inventory error, and it now shows available again.

I'm not sure if it's universal, but at the Total Wine stores in Maryland, that translates to "This was received and placed in inventory by a regular employee, but then a manager noticed they got some in and pulled it out of inventory to offer to on premise/other special clients/friends/family." Not trying to start another complaining session, just stating what I've found based on my experience with TW.

... at the Total Wine stores in Maryland, that translates to "This was received and placed in inventory by a regular employee, but then a manager noticed they got some in and pulled it out of inventory to offer to on premise/other special clients/friends/family." Not trying to start another complaining session, just stating what I've found based on my experience with TW.

That's a similar account of what I was told happened to the Pappy at TW in Maryland this year by an employee...

...but back on topic - still no Cured Oak in Florida as far as I know.

That's a similar account of what I was told happened to the Pappy at TW in Maryland this year by an employee...

...but back on topic - still no Cured Oak in Florida as far as I know.

Hey, they let us proletariats purchase the almost all the BTAC (besides WLW, I think), so whatevs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.