EH Taylor Cured Oak

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well now I am really regretting leaving 3 bottles on the shelf.

at least you have 2 bottles... most others won't even see 1.

BT announced that these two were coming out a long time ago. Yes there is another one coming right behind this one. I don't know their time table.

Thanks. I must not have noticed due to concentrating so much on lower shelves and semi-boycotting Sazerac. But every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

Talked to some managers I know at the Liquor Barns in Louisville today. Was told by all 3 managers that they only received 3 bottles and people were waiting for the truck to come in...."Gone in 2 minutes" one told me.

Heard distributors in Atlanta had it now. Southeast Regional Sazerac Manager told me GA was only receiving 60 bottles (said might even be as low as 50).

good luck. Going to be as hard (if not harder) to find than BTAC.

I'm really, really enjoying this stuff. I'm looking forward to reading what others think as it continues to hit shelves this week and next. For the $68 retail, I'm thoroughly pleased.

We struck out on it. Not a single bottle.

I would have been pissed to get only a case, but at least that would have kept my mouth shut.

But nothing for the good people of Lawrenceburg? Let them eat cake?! :pope:

Pure dumb, BS move on their part here! Both the distillery and distributor suck on this one, and you sure deserved better Eric.

Is is a very oaky flavor profile? I loved tornado but am not a fan of the orphan barrel which is too oaky for me. Would welcome a taste profile from someone who has had this

Is is a very oaky flavor profile? I loved tornado but am not a fan of the orphan barrel which is too oaky for me. Would welcome a taste profile from someone who has had this

It is not overly oaky at all. It is sweet with tons of vanilla and a slight fruitiness (orange peel).

My retailer told me on Monday that his distributor had 16 cases, but had not as yet released any of it.

He's hoping to get at least a case, but no promises.

I'll be back in that area tomorrow, so got my fingers crossed (which makes typing hard)...

My retailer told me on Monday that his distributor had 16 cases, but had not as yet released any of it.

He's hoping to get at least a case, but no promises.

I'll be back in that area tomorrow, so got my fingers crossed (which makes typing hard)...

If I'm reading posts correctly NJ, Va and Tx appear to be the privledged states for this bottle.

Yes, though it got pulled from the shelves in NJ, and should come back in May.

I would have been pissed to get only a case, but at least that would have kept my mouth shut.

But nothing for the good people of Lawrenceburg? Let them eat cake?! :pope:

Pure dumb, BS move on their part here! Both the distillery and distributor suck on this one, and you sure deserved better Eric.

I'll remember it. My rep says he only received three bottles for his territory which includes bardstown. Not sure if I believe him.

I'll remember it. My rep says he only received three bottles for his territory which includes bardstown. Not sure if I believe him.

This is probably a dumb question but it's not rhetorical: what can you do about it? I always thought you had to buy from the distributors, and they have a 1:1 relationship with the distilleries, so it's not like you can "fire" him and go with another outfit for the same product... The more I learn about the ins and outs of the business side of liquor, the more archaic it sounds to me.

My local shop confirmed that they've been getting calls from all over the east coast about this. Not. Even. Going. To. Bother.

My local shop confirmed that they've been getting calls from all over the east coast about this. Not. Even. Going. To. Bother.

I agree with you. If I saw it sitting there I would probably grab it but I am not going to go looking for it.

It is not overly oaky at all. It is sweet with tons of vanilla and a slight fruitiness (orange peel).

Sounds good - maybe i'll get lucky

My local spot received three bottles. My guy forgot that I requested one... All good, cause I picked up a HMBIB and saved $40 instead. Not even mad.

I seem to recall being told that each state would receive approximately 15 cases (90 bottles). Maybe that intel was bad..

Sounds like the stores in my area received 3 bottles and at least one of them was special ordered.

If I stumble across it, great. If not, I'll grab a few bottles of EC12 instead.

Hoping to find a bottle or more somewhere too, but if it doesn't happen, all I can say is...where does the line for Seasoned Wood start? [emoji1]

If every state gets 90ish bottles, I may have a chance up here in Green Bay......most likely at list price. Haven't seen it yet though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.