What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4R SB in the glass for a relaxing Father's Day evening.

I just read 2 posts in a row about 4RSB.... I guess I know what I will be pouring once I am done playing some poker.

Edit To Add: That was a good idea, so tasty. On to some fridge chilled EWBIB since it's so hot.

Edited by fozzy71

WTRB. Very different from all of the HH offerings Ive been drinking for the past few months. Tasty, and on this hot night, it was fantastic with an ice cube.

Grilled some skewers also, chicken, shrimp, and veggies. Had a variety of very small pours: PVW20, EC21, Lot B, and then larger pours of plain old BT.

Trying to finish off a bottle Willet Family Reserve 6y. Not as good as I remembered it.

Ended the evening with a dusty mini pour of JD probably from the early 80's I'm guessing, wish I could have had a new sample to compare with, but this stuff was quite delicious, I got one more from the same era that I will wait to do a comparison to, and one from 1972.

I think JD from the 80s is much better than the current production. I'm not sure what's changed, but the JD from the 80s tastes a lot more like a standard bourbon.

What would be more appropriate for Father's Day than some Pappy? Had a pour of 20 year and then 15 year - thought the latter was much better. Both good, but it just reinforces the notion that paying astronomical amounts for this stuff is crazy.

Drinking some manhattans tonight with a new vermouth. Redemption rye with Sacred Spiced English vermouth. Pretty tasty.

Sipping on some Old Ezra 101. One of the local stores got it back in stock. Hope they still have some available. This bottle is almost finished.

After a few days of wandering off the 4R reservation, I'm back. Started with 4RYL like last night. I remain impressed with how well this one can deliver when the palate is in the mood. The sweet creamy rye was coming through strongly. Now onto the OESV gift shop bottle and I'm getting carmelized sugar and brown sugar on top of a mild oak note. First time I've gotten this from this bottle. It's going down very smooth with some water added to what was 120 proof to start. Beautiful stuff. I'm going 12yr old OBSK next.

Having at least a couple of pours of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel.

Having at least a couple of pours of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel.

Ended up finishing this bottle.

To the bourbon brethren, Could anyone give me some information on the 1792/1792 small batch juice. Thank You in advance.

To the bourbon brethren, Could anyone give me some information on the 1792/1792 small batch juice. Thank You in advance.

Revisiting Old Forester Signature while smoking ribs this afternoon for a small dinner party tonight. Gotta take it slow because this is a 4 hour endeavor and I don't want to be more "cooked" than the ribs when our guests get here!

Which begs the question as to why are people still posting in this thread when there is an active "What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!" thread going at the same time?

My humor is wasted on you dolts...:D

Friggin ridiculous 62 degrees being the current temp in Chi, the Bunkster and I can continue to use the appropriate titled thread me thinks. EH Taylor Rye by the way...oops...wrong thread again :cool:.

Hah, I didn't even notice the thread title. I usually just look at replies on the What's New tab. But now that I see it...that was good jokeage. :)

I'm still not sure you have a sense of humor Joe. :slappin:

Hah, I didn't even notice the thread title. I usually just look at replies on the What's New tab. But now that I see it...that was good jokeage. :)

:toast:

Friggin ridiculous 62 degrees being the current temp in Chi, the Bunkster and I can continue to use the appropriate titled thread me thinks. EH Taylor Rye by the way...oops...wrong thread again :cool:.

Dammit, T!!! Summer!!!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!