What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Giving the RR10yr another go. The palate is cooperating with this one tonight and it's better than previous tastings. I'm picking up some oak in a good way that's indicative of the age, but I'm still wishing it was a higher proof. It's Friday night, so the barrel proofers are going to flow after this.

Tonight some Old Charter 8 yr old and Rare Breed WT-03RB batch. A nice end to the week.

A little ER17 last night while sitting out on the back porch at the lake. Life is good

I had some EC12 while sitting on the patio watching the thunderstorm.

Been a SAOS 7yr day so far, hoping for some rain.

As an added off topic note only eleven more Saturdays before CFB!

Edited by TunnelTiger

A couple of nice pours of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel.

First pour of Johnny Drum - Private Stock. Impressed so far.

Love the ole Johnny Drum PR; currently enjoying some EHTSB...very nice.

Daughter Sarah stopped by with a Father's Day card--and a bottle of Booker's Batch 2015-1. So we had just a little sip.

Elmer T Lee to get this night started off right. Let's see what I can drum up next.

Looks like folks are enjoying a wide range of pours tonight! I opted for Red Breast (Irish) at Claddagh's Pub tonight. Following up with a nice pour of SAOS 9 year from Vine & Table. It is somewhat of an oddity. A barrel proofer less than 100 proof (98.6). It is very good!

A big pour of BT to kill this 375 after a long day watching people drink at a wedding/reception a 100+ miles away. I needed this.

Starting with a 2014 4R SmB LE and then Michter's 10 yr bourbon. Starting fathers day celebrating early.

dinner at Summer House

started with their Old Fashioned with Few Bourbon

df99c89e-cbfa-423f-be42-d4c584cd8685_zpsquvxw78v.jpg

Pan Seared Rainbow Trout for dinner with side of roasted cauliflower with jalapeńo pesto

1cf979e4-bbf1-4d0d-913e-591a917524e2_zpsp9d6sj5x.jpg788fa619-649e-4a0f-a303-85144162b3e0_zpsmd1ryvrc.jpg

Edited by bigtoys

Another hot day of yard work compelled the need for a reward. Had to squeeze something in quick before heading out with my wife to do some shopping and grab a quick dinner so I opted for 4RYL because as bourbon goes, it's a close to refreshing as you can get at a low proof.

Now home, I'm upping the ante quite a bit with Blanton's SFTB and GTS '14.

Ended the evening with a dusty mini pour of JD probably from the early 80's I'm guessing, wish I could have had a new sample to compare with, but this stuff was quite delicious, I got one more from the same era that I will wait to do a comparison to, and one from 1972.

I'm cooking myself some rib eyes for Father's Day (no one can do a steak like you want it, except for you). Thought about opening up something special, but decided to drink what I have open. So started with a Knob Creek SB barrel select from specs in Houston. The chocolate and cocoa flavor from this barrel was very unique, very good bourbon

Grilled lamb and chicken skewers, and sweet peppers on the grill. Enjoyed a couple of pours of SAOS 10 year. It is a nice bourbon but I guess I have been spoiled by SAOS SB and Rye and find it a little lacking when compared to other SA offerings in the same or lower price range.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!