What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing the evening on a sultry, hot night in Jawguh with a Binny's OWA. I'm not sure I've ever had an OWA quite like this. Much less juicy than I see in most. Less sweet, for sure. And, very heavy for a wheater...even for an OWA. Mighty tasty, but it's dryness has me a little confused. Can't say it's my favorite OWA that I have ever had, but it may be the most interesting. Which means...Binny's did very well on this selection.

WT RR single barrel for me. Finished off the bottle. All of the WT RR single barrels I have had have been above average and I always pick them up on sale when I can.

Revisiting a local favorite: Woodward by Valentine Distilling. They don't say how long it's aged but they do it all: distill and bottle then age in 53 gal casks. It has been a few months since my first bottle and man, I forgot how good it is. The ones that it reminds me of would be 4RSmB and a little bit ETL. I think I need to go by one of my fave stores where I noticed one of the old style bottles on the shelf and grab it for the bunker.

JUAI1Tk.png

Doesn't it say "aged four years" right on the label there? Part of the label is blocked by your glass so maybe I'm missing something.

OFBB14 was not hitting the spot for me tonight, so I switched to Dant, which is. Next up, unknown.

Started with EWSB '02. The first few sips are always underwhelming. I think it's the low proof. After a while, I adjust and get some caramel goodness and richness. I do wish it was stronger. Following with RR10yr. Another one that's underproof. I like the age but wish it was 101 proof. Hard to get excited about this when Rare Breed is an option.

Finishing off the night with some standard BT. I'll echo the sentiments from Joe a day or so ago, this is just hitting the spot incredibly well. We are lucky to have a bourbon of this quality at this price point.

Started with a Blanton's having enjoyed it so much last night and finishing with a Elijah Craig 12.

Busted out some ER 10/101 last night while jamming on tunes in my music room. Sublime!

Started with EWSB '02. The first few sips are always underwhelming. I think it's the low proof. After a while, I adjust and get some caramel goodness and richness. I do wish it was stronger...

I find Henry McK BIB to be like a 100 proof EWSB. :bowdown:

Sort of, but even proofed down, I think the barrels that they choose for HMcK BIB would be bolder than the EWSB. I really enjoy HMcK BIB, but it's definitely got some punch and kick, and I don't think it is the 100 proof doing the "talking". I think EWSB at 100 proof would be outstanding. But alas, I reach for these two at different times for different purposes. The low proof of EWSB does come in handy when I just want an easy drinking, but flavorful dram under 100 proof. Definitely a family resemblance among them though.

I find Henry McK BIB to be like a 100 proof EWSB. :bowdown:

Had not thought of that. My first and only bottle of McK BIB was not my favorite. I got different flavors from it than EWSB and EC12 and PH POH, the latter two being among my favorites. Given the single barrel variation and all, I'm going to try it again. I'm going to try to locate a store select first before buying a standard issue.

In my experience the bottles of HMcK BIB I've had have had a more aggressive profile than EWSB. One store pick I had actually reminded me quite a bit of WT101. Those two seem like good candidates for a nice 93-proof vatting, though.

Enjoyed some 4R PS OBSF great heath bar toffee notes in this one love it every time I go to this bottle.

Started off with some EHT BP 129.0. This is my favorite barrel proof so far.

I thoroughly agree, EHTBP it is one of my favorite BP as well. Currently sipping on some of my last 14-84 batch Noah's Mill.

Enjoyed some 4R PS OBSF great heath bar toffee notes in this one love it every time I go to this bottle.

Heath Bar toffee and bourbon, two great tastes in one!

Awesome! I have an unopened bottle on deck! I might have to open it this weekend. Just finishing up a Stagg Jr., Batch #3 tonight to make room!

Yep, love that 129 proof CEHTBP as well. I have half an open bottle, with one in the bunker fortunately. Still annoyed I left one on the shelf earlier in the year. Haven't seen another one since.

Larceny for me tonight. Such a solid bourbon.

How about a wonderful $11 bourbon? Virgin 7yr 101 is that. Drizzled over a heaping pile of crushed ice on another steamy evening here, Down South. Sipped......nah, Slurped :) up while again sittin' out back listening to the Braves on the radio.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!