What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing off a bottle of Bowman Brothers Small Batch. As usual, the last pour of a bottle I'm not sure about is amazing. Enough to tempt me to go right out and get another. I will stay strong however and remember all the so-so pours. Regular BT satisfies nicely so there's no need to pay $10 more per bottle for this one.

Amen brother, stay strong and remember the meh pours. Most likely the price spread is more than $10 now anyways.

Last night had a few pours while watching the storm roll in ... 4RSB, THH, and finished with ETL.

Back into the 1792 . . . decided I need to setup a blind tasting with similarly aged/proofed options in the cabinet, so thinking ETL Commemorative and ER10(SB) should fit the bill (and if I get crazy, could pull the HW American Prairie Reserve into the mix!) This 1792 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 yrs 6 mos I believe, and just keeps knocking my socks off.

I'm having a pour of AECS, 2013. I wonder if it has aged poorly? Not as good as I remember in the beginning.

EW1783. This is a simple low proofer. Sweet, lots of vanilla with some oak. Its like the JV version of EC12. It tastes mighty fine from the fridge when I want to drink my bourbon, and not have to think about it.

Bowman Gingerbread Beer finish with an ice sphere made of Ginger Ale. I never make mixed drinks, but this is a nice alternative.

JPS 17 batch #2 second pour. This one is hitting my sweet spot tonight. Wheater perfection in a bottle. Now to find a batch #1? Tim

HMCKBIB to start the night

I had a few pours of this after my 4RSB last night and killed off the last pour or 2 of my 60:40 OWA:WSR mingle which was excellent. A pour of BT to start tonight then I might hit that HMcKBIB again and one/some of my Alberta Dark vattings.

2014 4RSmB LE. This is a candy bourbon. Sweet from nose to finish.

ER10 for me too. A store selection, and it is hitting all the right notes tonight. Easy drinker for sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21056[/ATTACH]

I feel like nobody misses me around here. :) I'm really digging this stuff.

It's hard to miss you when you're gone because there's two of you! :)

'95 EWSB from a few minis I brought along on my business travels this week. Don't drink a lot of EWSB but this one sure is hitting the spot. Easy drinking, has a slight vegetal note on the finish that keeps things interesting.

Working on a bottle of Stagg Jr., Batch #3 while watching what appears to be the last game of the NBA finals. Very solid bourbon.

It's hard to miss you when you're gone because there's two of you! :)

Well played...well played.

Just poured a glass of Blanton's Private Reserve and forgot how much I like it. And in Australia it really seems amazing value. It's cheaper than both Eagle Rare (which tbh I've always found boring) and much cheaper than Elmer T Lee. How do these 3 compare price wise in the US? Over here:

Blantons = ~$65

Eagle Rare = ~$70-$72

Elmer T Lee = ~$95

And... I just followed it up with a Single Barrel Russell's Reserve. Sooooooo smooth for 55% ABV. Fantastic stuff.

Just poured a glass of Blanton's Private Reserve and forgot how much I like it. And in Australia it really seems amazing value. It's cheaper than both Eagle Rare (which tbh I've always found boring) and much cheaper than Elmer T Lee. How do these 3 compare price wise in the US? Over here:

Blantons = ~$65

Eagle Rare = ~$70-$72

Elmer T Lee = ~$95

Had another pour of the new HW Bourye last evening, and I still love it. Just a really nice mingling of solid bourbon and creamy and spicy rye. Followed it up with a small pour of Larceny, which is always good.

I am drinking a mixture of Elijah12, Knob Creek sb, and Knob Creek Rye....very nice but misses the mark just a little bit from what I was going for.

Last night was a 1792 PS, Bernheim, and ended with OBSO

Grabbed a couple batch 8s of ECBP so probably break into one of them tonight.

WT101 straight up. I think the dirty bird is my new favorite, replacing RR10yr. I got fever and the only prescription is more bird. I have yet to be disappointed by anything that is made by WT. However, I have not tried any of their limited editions (which is fine by me). I would love to try some of the older age stated turkey though

Revisiting a local favorite: Woodward by Valentine Distilling. They don't say how long it's aged but they do it all: distill and bottle then age in 53 gal casks. It has been a few months since my first bottle and man, I forgot how good it is. The ones that it reminds me of would be 4RSmB and a little bit ETL but a bit more rye/spice. I think I need to go by one of my fave stores where I noticed one of the old style bottles on the shelf and grab it for the bunker.

JUAI1Tk.png

Edited by fozzy71

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!