What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Scored these last night. I can see a blind tasting in the near future between the StaggJr and ECBP.

post-12395-14489822188897_thumb.jpg

post-12395-14489822188897_thumb.jpg

Grabbed another SAOS 8 year store select for the bunker. I know from experience this is s phenomenal pour and I don't know how long this particular iteration will be available.

I have a 2014-7 open now and it is delicious.

Had a pour of it last night and it was quite good. I'm sure I'll like it more and more as it opens up a little.

Found a staple with a rebate. EWB family size for 17.99 with a $3 mail in rebate. $15 for a handle, Ill buy that all day. I need to read the rebate and see how many per household.

Saw something I hadn't seen before, Medley Brothers KSBW (Heritage Collection). For $19.99 I figured it was worth a try.

It seems to be a revival of an old brand.

Ended up with a two store picked FRSB, not barrel proof. They recently got in two different barrels, and while each are the same recipe, it's a fun comparison in how different they can be.

Before that, they plied me with some samples from each, along with a wood ford single barrel sample- great nose all caramel and butterscotch,but still not a general fan of Woodford in general.

They also poured a sample of Midleton Barry Crocket. I don't often drink Irish, but that was outstanding. Crazy, crazy good.

B

Again, all the above is why you need to make nice with your whiskey monger. Worth repeating with all the new blood on the board.

My wife had to go to Chicago yesterday to pick up something for work so I decided to tag along. My payoff..... I mean reward, was stopping at the Binny's in Oak Brook and buying a Contradiction. It's not the same as going to see Joe at the S. Loop, but still a very nice store and one that I hadn't been to before.

I finally found a Wild Turkey Diamond at a price I would pull the trigger on, $90.99. I might go back for more if I like it enough, and I need to do a sbs with my also unopened WT Tradition.

In addition, I picked up a Johnny Drum Private Stock for $33.

Edited by gusto16

I finally found a Wild Turkey Diamond at a price I would pull the trigger on, $90.99. I might go back for more if I like it enough, and I need to do a sbs with my also unopened WT Tradition.

In addition, I picked up a Johnny Drum Private Stock for $33.

What's funny to me about WT Diamond is that the European market is eating it up. It's one of the more commonly posted about bourbons on the MM&F facebook page. I feel like we should try to arrange a mass trade, where the U.S. rids itself of WT Diamond and gets all the Blanton's SFTB, Gold, Silver, and all the other good stuff back.

Picked up a case of John J Bowman single barrel (love this stuff) for the bunker and a forged oak to try.

Stopped in to my local liquor monger yesterday ... and they were sooo excited, they had received a case of WLWSR. They didn't put it on the shelf as the supply was so limited they were only making it available to "preferred customers." They upped the price from ~$23 to $29 also.

I really like WLWSR and it is a regular in my rotation ... I have some trepidation about the $30 price point when I can pick it up for less in Ashland, KY.

Stopped in to my local liquor monger yesterday ... and they were sooo excited, they had received a case of WLWSR. They didn't put it on the shelf as the supply was so limited they were only making it available to "preferred customers." They upped the price from ~$23 to $29 also.

I really like WLWSR and it is a regular in my rotation ... I have some trepidation about the $30 price point when I can pick it up for less in Ashland, KY.

yikes, I just got my first bottle of this last week here in MI for $20 + 6% sales tax.

ECBP batch 7 x2, Forged Oak x2, FR PS OESF, OF 1870, Stagg Jr batch 3.

Are you up in Seattle? Stagg Jr. #3 seems to be sold out, and I haven't seen any ECBP #7 or OF 1870 down here, in either state...

Backbd8594e89c00457474156a03542aff1d.jpg

Was in KY spur of the moment for a couple of days and just got back tonight. The above is what I picked up while there.

No Cured Oak to be found. I was told at LB in BG that they got it last week (one case) and it was gone quickly. No other stores I stopped at had much more than heard of it.

I was in approximately 20 stores in KY and TN so I doubt I'll ever see any of that however I'm happy with what I found!

Backbd8594e89c00457474156a03542aff1d.jpg

Was in KY spur of the moment for a couple of days and just got back tonight. The above is what I picked up while there.

No Cured Oak to be found. I was told at LB in BG that they got it last week (one case) and it was gone quickly. No other stores I stopped at had much more than heard of it.

I was in approximately 20 stores in KY and TN so I doubt I'll ever see any of that however I'm happy with what I found!

Very Impressive!

Righted a wrong and just picked up a bottle of WTRB, KCSB, EC12, and ta-da ECSB. Yeah baby!

I was out trolling a couple of places today but came across nothing i was looking for. I consoled myself with and Ezra 12.

A second family size EWB. $15 after the rebate. Question. Can I send both rebates in 1 envelope?

Found a place that still has some EWSB 2004. So I got 2 bottles since I much prefer it to both the 2005 and 2003. For whatever reason that year was a sweat spot for me.

Righted a wrong and just picked up a bottle of WTRB, KCSB, EC12, and ta-da ECSB. Yeah baby!

I have been really digging Elijah Craig 12 lately, both the regular 12 y/o and the Barrel Proof. I was at a local liquor store and noticed that they had 2 different single barrel selections!

One bottling was from "II Warehouse 6th floor" and one was from "II Warehouse 4th floor". I bought the 6th floor bottling. Compared to the regular 12 y/o, this bottling is softer, more viscus, and a bit sweeter, with a touch of heat in the finish. The regular 12 y/o, had a bit more spice, thinner in texture, and a small amount of heat in the nose, and finish. Tough to tell which I like more. Either way, it's a fun evening of comparisons!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!