What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been really digging Elijah Craig 12 lately, both the regular 12 y/o and the Barrel Proof. I was at a local liquor store and noticed that they had 2 different single barrel selections!

One bottling was from "II Warehouse 6th floor" and one was from "II Warehouse 4th floor". I bought the 6th floor bottling. Compared to the regular 12 y/o, this bottling is softer, more viscus, and a bit sweeter, with a touch of heat in the finish. The regular 12 y/o, had a bit more spice, thinner in texture, and a small amount of heat in the nose, and finish. Tough to tell which I like more. Either way, it's a fun evening of comparisons!

Ditto. I've also been digging EC12 for the past week or so. Been searching for the barrel proof but no luck.

As for store select EC12, wish some of the places by me did some. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever really seen any store selects for Heaven Hill brands.

Ditto. I've also been digging EC12 for the past week or so. Been searching for the barrel proof but no luck.

As for store select EC12, wish some of the places by me did some. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever really seen any store selects for Heaven Hill brands.

I totally lucked out in finding two bottles of ECBP, but I enjoy EC12 as well! Cheers.

Righted a wrong and just picked up a bottle of WTRB, KCSB, EC12, and ta-da ECSB. Yeah baby!

There he is! Now I feel like I know you again.

Found a lone bottle of ECBP 140.2 in middle of nowhere South Texas today at msrp. Snagged it quickly, love my ECBP/EC12 blend.

Picked up some goodies during my honeymoon. Can't beat Blanton's SFTB for under $60.

post-11296-14489822208651_thumb.jpg

Picked up another bottle of ER10 the other day for $35. I forgot how good this bourbon is! Sadly the price has gone up about $7 since the last time I bought it.

Picked up some goodies during my honeymoon. Can't beat Blanton's SFTB for under $60.

[ATTACH]20599[/ATTACH]

wow, great haul. where was the hmoon?

In KY over the weekend. Went to EW gift shop and picked up 3 Old Fitz 12 YO's. They had 1 Red Label EW (the Japanese export), so picked that up. Went to Willet, was too late to get the 22 YO they had earlier in the day. Then on to Louisville. Picked up 2 more Red Labels. And bought 3 Old Fitz BIBs.

Private Barrel FRSB OBSK

Just bought an OBSV myself. I have been on the hunt for OBSK and OESK but have only found OBSV near me.

Just bought an OBSV myself. I have been on the hunt for OBSK and OESK but have only found OBSV near me.

Was your OBSV the regular 100 proof or the Barrel Proof?

One lone bottle of Cured Oak that a store held for me. Paid MSRP. No insane markup.

Bit the bullet and picked up a store select OESQ 10 yr 5 mo 108.4 and OESK 9 yr 8 mo 120.8. I have never tried either, but come on.... Its 4 roses. Its all good.

Got a knob creek SB, Leopold bros Maryland rye, baby saz, stagg he and wt forgiven

I'd have to check but I think it was barrel proof. Are all store selects barrel proof?

I'd have to check but I think it was barrel proof. Are all store selects barrel proof?

Four Roses, up until very recently, did store selects of 100 proof OBSV as well. I've seen those on the shelf from time to time but have never been motivated to purchase one.

wow, great haul. where was the hmoon?

Visited many places but all the whiskey was rescued from Japan.

In the last week I have picked up 2 bottles of BT Single oak, one a rye based the other a wheater. Also picked up KCSB and MM Cask Strength.

Was in Key West for a few days. Nothing much related to bourbon, but did get a few mini's of ET354 since I've never had it before and I believe it is discontinued.

Still no luck finding ECBP but I did manage to find a bottle of EC18 sitting on the shelf way in the back collecting dust. paid a premium($70) but I would rather pay $70 for the 18 over $180 for the 21 which I apotted a few weeks back.

Still no luck finding ECBP but I did manage to find a bottle of EC18 sitting on the shelf way in the back collecting dust. paid a premium($70) but I would rather pay $70 for the 18 over $180 for the 21 which I apotted a few weeks back.

$70 is not really a premium, in fact i'd call that a deal, and when it reappears as rumored it will be for more then that. The EC21 is about $40 bones over MSRP so not too bad if you enjoy that bottle, which i find to be a pretty unique sipper in my collection.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!