What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another bottle of Old Weller Antique. Glad this store is under the radar.

I'm back in my hometown visiting and decided to hit some of the local smaller stores. While in looking for several different brands etc... One is always OFBIB so I asked the clerk and on the top shelf mixed in with other special bottlings was this bottle. He said the didn't carry OF but then said we do have this and put it on the counter. I inspected it and said OK didn't know anything about it but once I saw the date on the bottom showing it was barreled somewhere around 1975 and the Stitzell-Weller name on the neck label I knew I was buying it. $80 later (incl tax) it was coming home with me.

Picked up a Forged Oak, and a new local 1792 SB (in part because it is the new label, but mostly because he priced it at $20.99!)

You really did like that sample huh?

Just got the mail at my office. FRSmB 2014 LE and a few samples I added on to the order. Fantastic!

Picked up another bottle of Sweet Wheat for 36.00. Left a few bottles behind. Any interested Marylanders can PM me for the location if interested.

Hudson Double Charred, Filibuster Dual Cask and Barrell Batch #4

attachment.php?attachmentid=21209&stc=1

Have you tried the Barrell Bourbon yet? I won a contest a few days ago put on by them. Prize was supposed to be a tote bag, but the founder says he's sending me a bottle of Batch 04 instead.

You really did like that sample huh?

Funny thing - standing in the store I had to go to WhiskeyApostle.com to read what I wrote about it :lol:

And I quote: "If I stumbled upon it on a shelf, I’d have to think about it; not an automatic buy for me, but worth considering."

I thought "Well that's decidedly unhelpful, Gary - you're supposed to tell me if I should buy it or not! Who in the hell let's you write crap like this and get away with it?!?!"

And then I bought it :)

Picked up a private selection 4RSB. As I noted earlier this week, a friend had gifted one of these to me and I have really enjoyed it (and was lucky enough to find a stash bottle today).:grin:

I also spied EC 12 for $20.99. Did that really say $20.99? Once I recovered from shock and verbally confirmed that it really was $20.99, you can guess what happened next...:rolleyes:

Picked up a Forged Oak, and a new local 1792 SB (in part because it is the new label, but mostly because he priced it at $20.99!)

Gary would that be a Marietta store. Think I know something about that pick.

This weeks purchases

4R PSBS x10 (6 recipes total)

OBSV

OESK

OBSF

OESF

OESK

OBSK

OESV

4R PS 100 proof x1

WSR

JB Distillers Masterpiece

OF 101 (circa 1985ish)

Blantons x3

RHF x2

CEHT SB

SAOS PS 9yr 97pf

SAOS PS 11yr 115.2pf

SAOS PS 8yr 120pf

Old Forester SB

I clearly gave in to my WN and followed my adage of "when you find it buy it" on some and on others it was simply price such as Blantons and RHF below $50. Also the 10% off case purchases didn't hurt either

033dea88b1e9e20b7c221c64b01118c2.jpg

65eda8b238d355d4e728bd9f6306c662.jpg

Never seen the OF single barrel around. I don't really care about limited edition bottles or any nonsense like that. But I do want to find OF single barrel. OF Sig is one of my favorites.

Wow hop, nice haul. jealous.l

I also spied EC 12 for $20.99. Did that really say $20.99? Once I recovered from shock and verbally confirmed that it really was $20.99, you can guess what happened next...:rolleyes:

I would have bought all they had. $30 up this way.

Picked up a private selection 4RSB. As I noted earlier this week, a friend had gifted one of these to me and I have really enjoyed it (and was lucky enough to find a stash bottle today).:grin:

Managed to land my hands on a bottle each of FRPS OBSK and OBSF. Thanks and praise to the hard work of a fellow SBer, I now have/had 8 of the 10 Four Roses Recipes. Now if I can just capture the last two before JR's last official day, the task will be complete.

Elijah Craig 12, and Four Roses Single Barrel today. Both great but EC 12 is a little bitey for a 12 year. Blanton's is only 9 and I could drink that daily if I were financially equipt.

Not technically new but I did get my hands on OB barterhouse. Quite smitten with that purchase. :)

WN overcame me and I went to a store I had avoided for three months. Came home OF86, OFSig, OF1897, CETHSB, MMCS, and my first Noah's Mill @ 114.3.

Not a bourbon...But I purchased my first bottle of George Dickel 12 yesterday and it's fantastic.

Can't even compare it to JD...

Four Roses OESK, 9 years 6 month, 114 proof.

nice, is that from Riley's? a buddy of mine that lives in Madison asked if I wanted a bottle of that too. I said no, but hope I don't regret that decision!

Jim Beam Black, the old Double Aged label... Bought last 3 bottles @ $18 ea when I stopped in Walgreens to pick up prescriptions today. Had the shelf stocked with the new "Extra Aged" label with these 3 shoved to the back. Great under the seat "truck whiskey"!

nice, is that from Riley's? a buddy of mine that lives in Madison asked if I wanted a bottle of that too. I said no, but hope I don't regret that decision!

Yes, that's the Riley's store select. They were kind enough to give me a sample first. Thought it was very tasty. Not phenomenal, but very tasty.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!