What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 x Old Weller Antique. Going to try my first attempt at SB Blend.

Came upon the CEHT Barrel Proof 127.2 by chance and picked one up (well, in truth there was only one!). Also got the new Old Forester 1897 Bonded mostly just to do a side by side with OF Signature. But even if it is good it likely isn't going to be twice as good as the OF Signature no matter what the price tag may claim. :skep:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21242&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=21243&stc=1

No luck with the 1792 Sweet Wheat. Curious to try it but not curious enough to hunt too hard! Tiny local allocations so hopefully it will be back in the near future in greater quantity. If not then I will somehow manage to find something else to drink... :rolleyes:

post-8493-14489822606794_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489822607017_thumb.jpg

Bottle of the Fighting Cock. Going to start having two kids in day care full time so it is cheap bourbon here on out.

OGDBIB and 2 x OGD114 since I am almost out of both and the BIB is my go to fridge bottle most of the time and the 114 is my go to for vatting with other things.

S8DyMeu.png

Edited by fozzy71

Went into total wine just for some beer, but walked out with FRSiB and Bookers 15-02 Dot's Batch for 40 bucks each as well. Couldn't help it. Y'all understand.

Edited by dcbt

Old Forester for me is a better cocktail and cooking bourbon than a sipping bourbon. OF is actually produced for cocktails.

Old Forester for me is a better cocktail and cooking bourbon than a sipping bourbon. OF is actually produced for cocktails.

ECBP batch 8. First time I've ever seen them on shelves. The boom is officially over!!!

ECBP batch 8. First time I've ever seen them on shelves. The boom is officially over!!!

EW BiB

Private Selection 1792

ECBP Batch 8

Even though I found my ECBP on the shelf also I wouldn't go as far as saying the boom is over.

Now you went and jinxed it!

Even though I found my ECBP on the shelf also I wouldn't go as far as saying the boom is over.

Agreed. My dealer will put them on the shelf if he can get 6 or more bottles. My purchase of batch 8 was not on the shelf as he was only allocated 3 bottles so in my case the boom is still booming.

So stoked about this purchase.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q572/mikejouett/20150718_114454_zpsz7egmv3c.jpg' alt='20150718_114454_zpsz7egmv3c.jpg'>

I picked up a store select knob creek single barrel. Not the biggest knob creek fan but willing to make another try at it.

OGD 114 for $19.99 while getting tequila for my wife. I told her it was a finders fee.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21252&stc=1

W.L. Weller Antique 107, Jim Beam Distiller's Series (they have three left), Heaven Hill (last of the old label).

Never heard of the Beam series before. Any thoughts besides the old closed thread?

post-11678-14489822609285_thumb.jpg

Historically, I haven't bought much whiskey on the the internet, but over the last few days I picked up a store select Smooth Ambler Cask Strength Bourbon and a store select Ridgemont from Astor and a Smooth Ambler Cask Strength Rye from Ezra's. Don't know of any nearby shops with private barrels of SA, so I am looking forward to these.

How did I not know about Ezra's...I live a mile from there. I'll be in tomorrow to pick up the SA Cask Strength. Thanks for the store intro.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!