What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, it's not a problem until you start selling guns to make more room.

No, No, No, you never sell guns to make room for anything!!!

No, No, No, you never sell guns to make room for anything!!!

Johnny, you and Squire are absolutely RIGHT! NO, NO, NO, NEVER!!!!! ...Especially NOW.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, I never said anything like that. No guns have been sold to make room for bourbon. Crazy talk.

Very cool, particularly in the family size. HHBiB6 is the very top of the pyramid for the value to taste ratio. Even though I have a couple bunkered, this is the only bourbon that I constantly consider having someone mule me back a case of from KY or IN.

Snagged a couple ETLs... price has gone up from 29.99 to 36.99 but Im ok with it.

Bunker is a bit obvious, plus she can take photos for her divorce lawyer. Gun safe is a better move because most women have about as much interest in our gun safe as we have in their shoes closet.

Picked up a michters toasted barrel and 1792 sweet wheat today! Can't wait to crack them open.

Bunker is a bit obvious, plus she can take photos for her divorce lawyer. Gun safe is a better move because most women have about as much interest in our gun safe as we have in their shoes closet.

But a second phone booth-sized gun safe might provoke questions about how many guns I have, which is actually more difficult than explaining surplus bourbon.

Besides, CA is a no-fault divorce state anyway, so I can wallow in bad behavior without making the utter catastrophe of divorce any more or less expensive.

And, with the bunker, I have somewhere to go with my guns and my bourbon when the bourbon-seeking-zombie apocalypse occurs.

Pretty confident I am not under-thinking this, but maybe some bourbon would help.

California is a community property state so in a divorce she gets half.

Speaking of Bourbon my next purchase will be a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114, unless the local gets in something interesting.

Finally got my Elmer T. in...<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q572/mikejouett/2015071095162801_zpswumcihpf.jpg' alt='2015071095162801_zpswumcihpf.jpg'>

Picked up a Beam Spanish Brandy for $29.99 because I like it, and the price was very nice. Also, a Beam Red Wheat. This time, I could not let that bottle release itself from my hands, like it had done twice before...My constitution is in a weak state at present...Or, stronger ...:D

Speaking of Bourbon my next purchase will be a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114, unless the local gets in something interesting.

On my soon to buy list. I sense a price increase coming. I need to pick up some while it is still in the low $20s. I actually saw it on the top shelf of a well stocked liquor store yesterday.

I think OGD 114 is pretty interesting.

I think OGD 114 is pretty interesting.

For sure, I have a bottle (my 3rd I believe) open , a vatting of that with WSR I am sipping on currently, and a reminder set in my iphone to grab another bottle.

For sure, I have a bottle (my 3rd I believe) open , a vatting of that with WSR I am sipping on currently, and a reminder set in my iphone to grab another bottle.

The last thing I needed was more whiskey but I couldn't stop myself after reading Josh's blog review of Motor City Gas' Rye where he also mentioned enjoying their bourbon. If I hate it I want my money back from Josh. :P

sxynwaH.png

Edited by p_elliott

CEHT BP, WT 101, Bookers "Center Cut"

post-12245-14489822603476_thumb.jpg

Edited by MDBourbon

Historically, I haven't bought much whiskey on the the internet, but over the last few days I picked up a store select Smooth Ambler Cask Strength Bourbon and a store select Ridgemont from Astor and a Smooth Ambler Cask Strength Rye from Ezra's. Don't know of any nearby shops with private barrels of SA, so I am looking forward to these.

EH Taylor BP, 1792 Sweet Wheat, 2005 EWSB, and store select 1792 yesterday

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!