Sazerac to release 1792 Sweet Wheat Bourbon - 8 Year Age Statement?

Conquistador
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So has there been any word of a release date, or have I been blinded by anticipation and missed it?

So has there been any word of a release date, or have I been blinded by anticipation and missed it?

I picked a bottle last Friday in Maryland.

Thanks. I wasn't going to look until Fall. I will keep my eyes open.

Well, don't leave us hanging...how was it!?

Well, don't leave us hanging...how was it!?

I thought it was tasty. I personally like it better than Larceny. I would pick up another bottle if I can find it cheaper than the 40 I paid for it.

I thought it was tasty. I personally like it better than Larceny. I would pick up another bottle if I can find it cheaper than the 40 I paid for it.

Well this is sounding better and better - I've asked at few shops around here and have only gotten clueless stares back, even the Liquor Barn I stopped by last week provided no intel. Ditto on the price though, to make it a regular, that's a healthy jump up from Larceny and Weller S.R.

Thanks!

It is interesting that most of us bourbon fanatics know about new offerings coming before most of the store owners.

It is interesting that most of us bourbon fanatics know about new offerings coming before most of the store owners.

There is sometimes a positive to this - I asked one of my regular stores for something you all were discussing back when I joined SB and got that blank stare (although I don't remember what - seasonal OWA I think). Three months later, I got an email (which meant they'd had to remember who I was and then search their subscription base for my email address) telling me it had arrived that day - did I want some set aside for me. It was the beginning of a nice relationship.

Got a message that a bottle of this is waiting for me next time I'm in my usual store. Not expecting this to blow me away, but I'm hopeful it will fall in the "darn good bourbon" category for me.

Any Indy folks seen this show up yet?

I did not see it in any of the stores I visited on my Hammond trip but I did see it show up on the MI state min price list site so I am hoping to find it here eventually, perhaps when I go to one of my stores that was getting a barrel of the regular expression 1792.

I did not see it in any of the stores I visited on my Hammond trip but I did see it show up on the MI state min price list site so I am hoping to find it here eventually, perhaps when I go to one of my stores that was getting a barrel of the regular expression 1792.

Man, you aren't allowed to buy anything for the rest of the summer...or at least until next week. :lol:

fozzy is trying to elevate his trunk to the legendary status that Harry's trunk has.

fozzy is trying to elevate his trunk to the legendary status that Harry's trunk has.

Never will happen. Ain't even close. I've seen Harry's trunk, and took a pic...

post-692-14489822555583_thumb.jpg

^^^^^^^That about sums it up. None of us are on the same level as Harry.

There is sometimes a positive to this - I asked one of my regular stores for something you all were discussing back when I joined SB and got that blank stare (although I don't remember what - seasonal OWA I think). Three months later, I got an email (which meant they'd had to remember who I was and then search their subscription base for my email address) telling me it had arrived that day - did I want some set aside for me. It was the beginning of a nice relationship.

This is totally true. Being the first to inquire about something has led to the store manager checking in with the distributor and specifically ordering the bottle as a result. This has worked out several times for me.

Being in a control state, I usually wait until it's been listed in the liquor price book - even then it's often several weeks/months until a product is available.

Went out yesterday and looked for this everywhere, but apparently i missed the boat. Every liquor store around me was already sold out, pretty much instantly. I saw the tags where it was, runs $32.99 around here apparently if you can find it. Was very disappointed I could not hunt down a bottle.

Went out yesterday and looked for this everywhere, but apparently i missed the boat. Every liquor store around me was already sold out, pretty much instantly. I saw the tags where it was, runs $32.99 around here apparently if you can find it. Was very disappointed I could not hunt down a bottle.

Yep.....as expected, everyone is chasing it.

So has anyone actually tasted it and reported back yet?

Someone did IIRC but it might have been in one of the what are you drinking/enjoying threads. I would lke to try at but at $40 here in MI and with the size of my bunker due to my recent buying spree and the number of open wheaters I have I will probably just skip it.

So has anyone actually tasted it and reported back yet?

Look 2-3 pages earlier in this thread and also in the what are you drinking thread.

38195bc2eed7a7790e7fcb81f63a3f1b.jpg

Just picked three bottles up today during lunch will try it after work

38195bc2eed7a7790e7fcb81f63a3f1b.jpg

Just picked three bottles up today during lunch will try it after work

WHERE did you find 'em? No State is shown on your profile, so we wonder.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.