What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/12/2015, 11:42:20, smokinjoe said:

I'm not sure she'll agree to travel with me since I made her wear the MM ear covers...

image.jpg

Beautiful dog, Joe.

I've been pretty bad about posting on here of late, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been enjoying my bourbon! Helped a friend move last weekend and got treated to the new Russell's release and some gold vein!

7 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Beautiful dog, Joe.

Thanks, Paul.  She's a great dog.  Got her for Littlesmokinjoe's birthday 9 yrs ago.  Keeps me company while I'm outside sippin' bourbon and solving world problems!  Like right now.  She's laying in the driveway watching cars go by, while I enjoy an end of the day pour of Buffalo Trace. :)

Blanton's last night while on the road for work and trying to kill a sore throat, home tonight for a couple of days before it's off to visit the family in KY for Christmas.  Tonight it's a 7yr WFE at 122.3 proof - i've got about two pours left in this bottle and I'm going to miss it when it's gone...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Abraham Bowman High Rye. A really fine pour IMHO. Usual bourbon caramel with a little extra cinnamon spice on the tip of my tongue.

17 hours ago, z327 said:

Abraham Bowman High Rye. A really fine pour IMHO. Usual bourbon caramel with a little extra cinnamon spice on the tip of my tongue.

Need to try this one again. Was initially underwhelmed with it when it first came out. Serviceable bourbon but just didn't seem worth the effort to find it or the relatively high price. Maybe it has woken up a bit in the interim.

GTS 2014 (138.1) last night . . . caramel, deep fruit and wooooood . . . nursing this bottle for the long haul.

7 hours ago, Charlutz said:

There is a winter 2015 thread that's already 7 pages. Can we close this one?

Mods will get to it eventually. Not to worry.

22 hours ago, Charlutz said:

There is a winter 2015 thread that's already 7 pages. Can we close this one?

16 hours ago, Swoboda said:

Yes.

No.

15 hours ago, flahute said:

Mods will get to it eventually. Not to worry.

We don't "normally" close or lock threads. Time will take care of it eventually. On the old site, a thread became locked after one year of no activity.

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but it's up to each individual member to make their posts in the proper thread. It's not our fault that people keep posting in the "Fall" thread when there's a new Winter" thread open.

Cheers! Joe

given the temps outside here (WashDC), it is STILL Fall.;)

But See: the winter thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.