What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, Golzee said:

Thanks Donuts, I will keep an eye out for it.  I may stop into Binnys tomorrow as I was informed that they may have something I have been looking for.

nice, what was it that you are looking for??  or is that a secret? ;)  I just stopped in today to look for the HW Midwinter's night dram, and I just missed out on it at the Binny's near me, but they said they have it at a couple of other Binny's.  almost picked up another 1792 store select too actually, but they have a bunch so I'll wait.

Hawks v. Oilers

1st period ec12

2nd period Jefferson reserve

3rd period Bookers

I just opened the bookers the other night, and it was a little overpowering. It was a lot more manageable tonight. 

As I posted elsewhere and thanks to Paddy, tonight is Larceny as I watch At Midnight on The Comedy Channel.

23 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Hawks v. Oilers

1st period ec12

2nd period Jefferson reserve

3rd period Bookers

I just opened the bookers the other night, and it was a little overpowering. It was a lot more manageable tonight. 

sounds almost exactly like my night, except I started with booker's and ended with EC12.  would've done the Jefferson's reserve but decided to finish off the bottle of EC12.  and I had to add some water to the booker's to get it down to a good proof.  and hawks win!  so you're not a blues fan being from the Lou?

Office Christmas party tonight and we had a professional bartender making drinks. We're designing a bar for Seattle's most legendary bartender and while we couldn't get him (because he had other plans), we were able to get his business partner. He was making some pretty dang good boulevardiers with Bulleit (and he was being very generous with the bourbon) so I had two of those. Then an Evan Williams and Coke. 

Now home and I'm sipping on a cherry bottle of OWA. Life is good.

I'm not against the blues, but I was born in Chicago, and went to a game every month during high school. My high school was only four blocks from the Chicago stadium. For rough blocks though. I have been to some blues games here but it was never the same. I do consider myself a cards fan, and that is what most people here care about. The Scottrade center is really odd. Water fountains everywhere. On account of not having any cups, you know. ..

Had slightly a little too much Stagg Jr (batch 4) last night - it's amazing how sipping such a wonderful bourbon can sneak up on you.  I totally forgot it was 132.2 proof.  Slept like a baby!

Edited by starhopper

Had a bit of WTRB112 to sip on last night. I didn't finish it and there was still some left in the glass this morning so I took a little sip to see how it tasted and it was all caramel and that WT profile I enjoy. No heat at all.

Had a pour of Blanton's last night and didn't wash the glass; the smell was absolutely heavenly this morning. 

First sip of Maker's 46 Cask Strength.  108.9 proof.

This is a Maker's that I can get attached to.  Lots of caramel, vanilla and oak.  

Just about to go back for a second WT RR SB. Didn't really care for it when I first got it, but now that I'm down to the last 1/4 bottle, it's hitting the spot tonight.

Was feeling celebratory last night because.........just because. It was Friday, it's the holidays, things are tailing down at work as the holiday approaches, and my wife was making Cincinnati style chili. 

Had some ETL as soon as I got home. Upped the ante with an 11yr WFE. Then again with some Booker's 25th. Finished with some '14 GTS. 

Needless to say, I slept very well.

After sitting for a month, going to try my first pour of the SB blend.  Been wanting to try this for a long time.  Pretty excited.

Finished off the dregs of a Larceny (thinking of YOU, unclebunk) before dinner and am now having 4R cask Strength OBSQ for dessert (2 OZ w/a small ice cube, melted).

I don'y usually make cocktails, but had a Manhattan tonight, with CEHT rye, Antiga Formosa (?) vermouth and bitters, with one cherry and a bit of orange peel.  Delicious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.