What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did a three bottle "tasting" for some friends who own a jewelry store in town that they started last year and it went so well they wanted to repeat it.  The three bottles were Larceny, 4RSB, and KCSB120.  The KC was the hit of the three with Larceny coming in second.  Almost all of the samplers were non bourbon drinkers but a couple were repeats from last year.  All in all a good time and I got to talk about Bourbon which I enjoy and the store had a good night in sales..

As for me I of course sampled all three through the evening and came home to Blanton's

had some friends over before dinner and this was requested

so, why not?

73e0c1d3-da8e-4f2d-86b6-1bb825fd05e4_zps

Edited by bigtoys

Enjoyed some AECS '15 earlier while binge-watching Star Wars (only on Episode 2, so have some work ahead of me!)

The only limited I try to get anyore is from Four Roses. Today is some '14 SmB,  every year this is a home run.

2 hours ago, darylld911 said:

Enjoyed some AECS '15 earlier while binge-watching Star Wars (only on Episode 2, so have some work ahead of me!)

Gary...Attack of the Clones?  I bet you needed the Cask Strength to make it through Episode 1 and Jar Jar Binks...lmao

I had to go out to watch my Steelers beat Cincinnati and bar didn't have any bourbons I wanted so I made due with ice tea.  Now that I'm home I'm having EHT Single Barrel to celebrate.  Mostly cause it was the bottle in front.

Watching the Hawks and Canucks Battle and trying to enjoy a SAOS7 after all the fanfare. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea.

OESK into OBSO as I try to forget how many punts and kickoffs the Broncos have muffed this year.

ETA: into OBSF into OBSQ.  Memory still intact, but I'm in a better frame of mind.

Edited by RiverRat

This w/e after a hectic and very stressful work week it was time for another holiday 4R 125th pour. This one just tastes like the holidays to me so it is this time of year when I enjoy it most and hit it hard, I savored every sip and sat quietly enjoying the Christmas tree. 

Yesterday was a bit of SB blend, nearing its end but made for an enjoyable midday pour.

After a week off from bourbon (for no particular reason) I'm having a neat pour of Four Roses OESK PS from The San Francisco Wine Trading Company.  It's the last quarter of the bottle and it has finally come together.  The sweet barrel extract and layered taste are a quality ending.

Starting with a small pour of EWSB 2004 Store pick, moving to Michter's 10, and finishing up with Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 1998.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.