What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let's all log into the chat room Monday evening and chat about what bourbon we are enjoying. It can be a virtual tasting party.

I attended a festive Christmas party last night.  The suspects were MM, WSR, OWA, W12, SB blend and Larceny.  No, I did not discriminate... :D 

OGD bonded while watching Buff @ Wash.  Sort of watching, anyway.

18 hours ago, Paddy said:

I attended a festive Christmas party last night.  The suspects were MM, WSR, OWA, W12, SB blend and Larceny.  No, I did not discriminate... :D 

Were all those wheaters just a coincidence or did the party have a theme?

Also went to a family Christmas party last night where 3 guys were asked to bring in something around $30 -- so sampled HMcK BIB, FRSmB and BH. I also took along a 2/3 full bottle of EC18...killed that one :)

11 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Were all those wheaters just a coincidence or did the party have a theme?

As a surprise, I took an unmarked bottle for the attendee's to do a little blind tasting with.  Everyone enjoyed the blind tasting (and the bourbon was a hit), so the gracious host broke out his full stock of wheaters for the rest of the evening! 

This evening, I'm continuing that theme with a three finger pour of OWA. 

Score! Visiting in-laws, forgot I left a bottle of RHF for future enjoyment. Tastes mighty good after a day of traveling!  Getting a nice toasted caramel taste and loving it.

Having some Sagg Jr. batch 5. It's gotten better then when I first opened it. Still not as good as batch 4. 

Really enjoying my Lot B. I gave some to a friend that didn't like bourbon much (the best he's had was Bulleit) and he really enjoyed it. The wheat is a nice change.

Alternated between Monday night football and reruns of Justified season 1 while having small pours of WTRB 112 (definitely needs ice or water but it's good), McKenna 10 (really finding this to have some hidden flavors) and OESV (had a tough time distinguishing this from 4RSB a week ago but tonight really enjoyed it).

Had a small pour of a RR SB Store Selection. I hope they have more left when I head back that way in a week or two.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.