Elmer T. Lee

Bourbon_Gamer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rep at Buffalo Trace told me that Elmer T. Lee is no longer a 4x a year release, but now a 2x release in April and October. She said the release will be twice as big as usual, so it's around the same number of cases per year. No need to pay crazy prices now on ETL, it should become readily available again in April/May.

That actually sounds reasonable, but as I've said before, very little that comes out of the mouths of reps or owners is accurate. Maybe this is one of the exceptions, though. I haven't seen it in a store in Texas since Fall 2013.

Interesting. Breaking Bourbon posts a release calendar and they also just recently updated to show ETL release #1 in April and #2 in October.

Hope this is true as I have been searching and searching for some.

Since my wife constantly subjects me to this on her workout mix, I'll let Meghan Trainor sum up my thoughts on this and just about anything else in the booze industry these days, having been told numerous things from "Reps" . . . :lol:

Edited by petrel800

it must have taken them some time to get through a distributor because they just got stocked a few weeks ago here in IL at one of the stores I frequent.

Thanks for the info. Thankfully, I'm well stocked in some ETL that was hand-picked by a bunch of drunk freaks of questionable reputations :D

it must have taken them some time to get through a distributor because they just got stocked a few weeks ago here in IL at one of the stores I frequent.

Saw your post and figured why not search some more. I've been checking local shops around me these past few weeks for not just ETL, but anything on my list of bourbons to pick up.

Well, low and behold, one website showed both the regular and commemorative in stock @ $49.99 (same price for both). I called to confirm and the sales person explained that they are in the process of transitioning distributors and his old distributor called him up earlier in the week to let him know that he had four bottles of ETL (2 of each) that he was sending over.

Well, 1 bottle left (the commemorative). This one stings!!! Unfortunately, I need to pass as I've spent north of $500 in the past few weeks on Bourbon (including my latest pickup, ORVW 10 for $90) and the wife gave me an earful.

Someone please tell me the commemorative is NO GOOD and I should pass.

*sigh*

It's just TERRIBLE!! Tell me where it is so I can go get it before somebody else makes the mistake of buying it!:cool:

It's just TERRIBLE!! Tell me where it is so I can go get it before somebody else makes the mistake of buying it!:cool:

LOL.

If anyone is interested, the place is called Varmax Liquor Pantry here in NY. www.varmax.com

Just search for Elmer. They still show the regular as in stock but the sales person told me all gone except for the 1 commemorative bottle.

Better for locals I guess who would be picking up since shipping is insane, like $21.

If you are serious ,I would give them a call and ask for "JJ" so that he can take it off the shelf and lock it up for you.

get it! get it!! it actually stayed stocked in the store, I picked up one the first week I saw it, and I went back the week after to get a spare. they had 6 on the shelf and another case in back. maybe I should've picked up more, as I haven't seen it stocked at any other store in the area.

Honestly - the commemorative isn't much different from other ETL. I can't recall if I've ever done a blind sbs, but I remember being thankful that I didn't pay very much more than ETL for it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over passing on it.

Saw your post and figured why not search some more. I've been checking local shops around me these past few weeks for not just ETL, but anything on my list of bourbons to pick up.

Well, low and behold, one website showed both the regular and commemorative in stock @ $49.99 (same price for both). I called to confirm and the sales person explained that they are in the process of transitioning distributors and his old distributor called him up earlier in the week to let him know that he had four bottles of ETL (2 of each) that he was sending over.

Well, 1 bottle left (the commemorative). This one stings!!! Unfortunately, I need to pass as I've spent north of $500 in the past few weeks on Bourbon (including my latest pickup, ORVW 10 for $90) and the wife gave me an earful.

*sigh*

get it! get it!! it actually stayed stocked in the store, I picked up one the first week I saw it, and I went back the week after to get a spare. they had 6 on the shelf and another case in back. maybe I should've picked up more, as I haven't seen it stocked at any other store in the area.

ugh, wish I could but my month old obsession led to this.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?12897-Show-Us-Your-Stash-Volume-3-0-(The-Subliminal-Verses)&p=457401&viewfull=1#post457401

Just to give you an idea, that picture was taken on 1/25/14 and doesn't include this week pickups, ORVW 10, FR SmB and FR yellow.

Going to just pick some up during the April release (hopefully it pans out).

Edited by johnnybogey

post-10866-14489821936697_thumb.jpg

*sigh*

Edited by kjbeggs

ugh, wish I could but my month old obsession led to this.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?12897-Show-Us-Your-Stash-Volume-3-0-(The-Subliminal-Verses)&p=457401&viewfull=1#post457401

Just to give you an idea, that picture was taken on 1/25/14 and doesn't include this week pickups, ORVW 10, FR SmB and FR yellow.

Going to just pick some up during the April release (hopefully it pans out).

Thanks for the info. Thankfully, I'm well stocked in some ETL that was hand-picked by a bunch of drunk freaks of questionable reputations :D

I just called a Liquor Store in Anderson SC to see if they had any Blenheim's ginger ale (about 1.5 hours from me). While they were checking, looked on their website, said they had ETL. Asked while I had them on the phone to make sure. Was told Sure do...6 bottles. Can't find it in Atlanta though

I just called a Liquor Store in Anderson SC to see if they had any Blenheim's ginger ale (about 1.5 hours from me). While they were checking, looked on their website, said they had ETL. Asked while I had them on the phone to make sure. Was told Sure do...6 bottles. Can't find it in Atlanta though

The avail of ETL at the store may change things for ya, but you can save the trip to SC for Blenheim , as Whole Foods here in town carries it.

So this morning I called back my local store and asked if he still had the last bottle of ETL. No luck. All sold.

while out looking for a place to grab lunch with my son, I spotted a store I had not been to yet. Well, low and behold, two bottles of ETL sitting on the shelf. I grabbed one at $39.99.

Owner says he got two bottles recently from his distributor. Along the same lines as the store from yesterday whereby he got four bottles from his distributor. Possible these distributors are slow to move the product to end retailers?

...Owner says he got two bottles recently from his distributor. Along the same lines as the store from yesterday whereby he got four bottles from his distributor. Possible these distributors are slow to move the product to end retailers?

JB, if you can ever manage to figure out the hows and whys of what Liquor Distributors do, please clue us in !!! I think they purposely do stuff crazily just to mess with us...:lol:

JB, if you can ever manage to figure out the hows and whys of what Liquor Distributors do, please clue us in !!! I think they purposely do stuff crazily just to mess with us...:lol:

hah. Will do. From speaking with various owners in my area, it looks like there are two big distributors! One of them nicknamed "evil empire". Seems like most owners aren't too fond of them but have no choice in the matter since they both carry all the it labels.

The avail of ETL at the store may change things for ya, but you can save the trip to SC for Blenheim , as Whole Foods here in town carries it.

Which Whole foods? I picked up a couple of 6 packs today at the Candler Park Market. Looked at the Whole Foods in Duluth, they didn't have it.

And I have 2 sealed bottles of ETL, so not worth a 3 hour round trip. If they had the FR125th they showed online I'd have made the run.

Which Whole foods? I picked up a couple of 6 packs today at the Candler Park Market. Looked at the Whole Foods in Duluth, they didn't have it.

And I have 2 sealed bottles of ETL, so not worth a 3 hour round trip. If they had the FR125th they showed online I'd have made the run.

WF on Johnson Ferry.

WF on Johnson Ferry.

Thank you sir! that's a lot closer than Decatur drive wise. although the drive did give me the excuse to stop in at Green's. Looked at their store selects for High West and Smooth Ambler and Four Roses Barrel Proof, but passed on all 3.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.